PDA

View Full Version : Abby/Greg; any truth to this rumor?

Lord Ash
07-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Okay, don't laugh, but I read somewhere something about Greg Paulus and Abby Waner running off together. Is this just dumb and I am a fool for even CONSIDERING believing it?

dukemomLA
07-23-2007, 04:43 AM
When I saw your title: Abby/Greg. I got excited!! I thought you were talking about Abby and Greg MONROE. Stupid me. Now a Waner/Monroe connection would have been heaven.

Exiled_Devil
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm was told by an inside source they were dating Freshman year, but heard that they had split up last year.

Exiled

tombrady
07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm was told by an inside source they were dating Freshman year, but heard that they had split up last year.

Exiled

They've dated on and off the last couple of years, after meeting at McDonalds game. Last I knew, they were off.

MulletMan
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM
They've dated on and off the last couple of years, after meeting at McDonalds game. Last I knew, they were off.

An undergrad who worked in my lab told me that the joke on campus was that their dates consisted of going out and running suicides together followed by a quick stop over at Wilson for protein shakes.

NovaScotian
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
hopefully theyll get back together and breed duke a new group of superguards. either that or shelden and candace's superforwards better come to duke instead of tennessee.

tombrady
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
hopefully theyll get back together and breed duke a new group of superguards.

as long as they're bred without the injury-and-turnover-prone genes.

(ducks)

mapei
07-23-2007, 06:00 PM
>going out and running suicides together

Translation, please?

tombrady
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Translation, please?

suicides = sprinting conditioning drill

4decadedukie
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Translation, please?

I thought the request for translation concerned the "going out" part.
:)

FreezingDevil
07-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Greg and Abby have been an item for a while now. Throughout the past two years, Duke students have gotten used to seeing them enjoy a romantic date at Quenchers, the protein smoothie shack, or eating a pizza at the Loop. Abby could always be seen at Greg's games and visa versa. I think the two have a lot of mutual respect for each other and have helped one other adjust to Duke life and college basketball. I wouldn't surprise me if the two were no longer dating, given their hectic schedules and the nature of college relationships. Another prime reason they might no longer date: the second they started dating they immediately began hearing about how insanely athletic their babies would be. I think that would totally freak any 19 year old kid out, even the Amazing Greg Paulus.

Lord Ash
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Hm, okay... it is just that apparently, as told by an unnamed member of the womens team, the two of them eloped recently.

No idea if it is the truth of course!

OZZIE4DUKE
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Hm, okay... it is just that apparently, as told by an unnamed member of the womens team, the two of them eloped recently.

No idea if it is the truth of course!

Way to start an unfounded rumor!

mapei
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
It wasn't Greg. It was Patrick Davidson.

Lord Ash
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I didn't start the rumor; I just heard it and wanted to check with the folks here.