PDA

View Full Version : Ogilvie Wins!!!!!!!!!

4Gen
07-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Duke grad Joe Ogilvie is one stroke out in the US Bank Open, a PGA Event. He tees off at 1:55 on Sunday. Live scoring here: http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r029/index.html

OZZIE4DUKE
07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Joe Ogilvie won his first PGA golf tournament today! He held together and made birdies and eagles down the stretch while the competition didn't. This win gets him a 2 year exemption and entry into next year's Masters. This win is a life-changing event!

Congratulations Joe!

fitimi1
07-22-2007, 07:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

It was a great and what we all hope will be first of many.

jimsumner
07-22-2007, 08:50 PM
If Ogilvie's eagle on 16 isn't number one on Sportscenter's Top Ten list tonight, there ain't no justice. What a way to close the deal.

duketaylor
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll try to contact him in the next few days, don't have his number right now, but should be able to get it. When was the last PGA Tour win for a Dukie? Mike Souchack (sp?) a long time ago? Maybe 1957 Texas Open? Been way too long. I had hoped to be in the mix but it didn't work out.

Great win for Joe, the sky's the limit. GO DUKE!!! GTHC, GTH!!!!

madscavenger
07-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Way to go Joe!

Indoor66
07-23-2007, 07:53 AM
I'll try to contact him in the next few days, don't have his number right now, but should be able to get it. When was the last PGA Tour win for a Dukie? Mike Souchack (sp?) a long time ago? Maybe 1957 Texas Open? Been way too long. I had hoped to be in the mix but it didn't work out.

Great win for Joe, the sky's the limit. GO DUKE!!! GTHC, GTH!!!!

How about Art Wall - '59 Masters.

arydolphin
07-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Joe Ogilvie won his first PGA golf tournament today! He held together and made birdies and eagles down the stretch while the competition didn't. This win gets him a 2 year exemption and entry into next year's Masters. This win is a life-changing event!

Congratulations Joe!

Unfortunately, this win does not get him into the Masters, since it was a PGA Tour event played opposite another event, which was the Open Championship of course. The Masters is only giving exemptions into winners of full-field events and not the companion events during the weeks of the majors. Still, Joe can probably earn his way to the Masters by finishing top 30 on the money list this year, he's 50th right now.