PDA

View Full Version : Laettner hired as NBDL asst. coach

diablesseblu
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
D League - http://www.myfox8.com/news/sns-ap-bko--madants-laettner,0,3742594.story

-bdbd
01-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey! You threw me there, as I thought you were saying he was coming to Duke! Will have to start rooting for those Ants in the NBDL now!

Guess our big-man developemnt program will have to wait a little longer... HA!

;)

hq2
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I think he misses the game. He's got plenty of $$$$ from his NBA and investment days, so he doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to, but when you love
the game, you'll do it anyway. Hope he enjoys being back involved.

NovaScotian
01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
D League - http://www.myfox8.com/news/sns-ap-bko--madants-laettner,0,3742594.story

finally! just getting some experience so he can return to duke as our long-awaited big man coach! hooray!

gep
01-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I think he misses the game. He's got plenty of $$$$ from his NBA and investment days, so he doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to, but when you love
the game, you'll do it anyway. Hope he enjoys being back involved.

Maybe coaching in that Duke/UK game during the lockout gave him the "bug" again... :cool:

Greg_Newton
01-21-2012, 12:19 AM
finally! just getting some experience so he can return to duke as our long-awaited big man coach! hooray!

In all seriousness, I wonder what the interest level would be on our end? Don't want to restart the whole guards-can't-coach-bigs debate (not that I'd know at 6'3" anyway!), but the prospect of having one of the toughest, smartest, best big men in college basketball history working with our posts has to be intriguing on some level. I mean, the job Danny Manning (who has an eerily similar resume and playing style) has done down in Lawrence with their post players has been nothing short of incredible; he's been responsible for Thomas Robinson, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Cole Aldrich, Darnell Jackson, Darrell Arthur and Julian Wright in the 5 years since he's got there. :eek: That's flat-out incredible.

Not saying Laettner could duplicate that, but it's an interesting thought. I wonder if the positives would outweigh the negatives in the staff's mind?