PDA

View Full Version : We need to step it up with the Free Throws.

blue666devils
01-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I know duke won last night but Duke will need to be able to rely on its free throw shooting late in games as it did against Georgia Tech to pull out victories over the top contenders in the conference.

SCMatt33
01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't really see this as a big deal. Duke is 68.5% on the year, including Mason. That's Mott a great number, but it's not that terrible. If you just keep Mason off the line at the end of the game, the rest of the team shoots 75.5%, which is really good. This team had made plenty of key free throws down the stretch over the season, so a few bad games at the end doesn't make me think that they won't hit them when it counts

jv001
01-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Actually only Mason and Austin are below avg free throw shooters. At least that how it seems to me. Mason seems to be on the right track recently in getting his ft % upward. It looks like most of Austin's fts ramble around and most go through but some come back out. I think that's from the funky form and spin on the ball. At 67-68% he's not bad. I think Miles may be in the high 60% range also. I'm more worried about our defense than fts. GoDuke!

JNort
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Last night Mason had a better percent from the line than Seth did.... Anyone think this happens again at some point in the year?? Avatar bets perhaps?