PDA

View Full Version : 2007 State Farm USA Basketball Challenge

TheGodfather
07-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Today At Thomas &Mack Center
7pm on Fox Sports

The USA Blue Team, coached by Mike D'Antoni, includes Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Durant, Kirk Hinrich, J.J. Redick, Amare' Stoudemire, and Daren Williams.

vs

The USA White Team, mentored by Nate McMillan, will feature Shane Battier, Chanucey Billups, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Jason Kidd, Mike Miller, Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd

Should be even more exciting than an NBA All Star game as the players will be trying hard. JJ and Shane are on opposite sides of the ball. How great is it that each team has it's own Duke legend?

mgtr
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
This should be incredibly interesting. Can JJ perform here as he did in the summer league? One game is not a fair test, but maybe we will get further clues about how he will do next year.

TheGodfather
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
This should be incredibly interesting. Can JJ perform here as he did in the summer league? One game is not a fair test, but maybe we will get further clues about how he will do next year.

If yesterday was any indication, then Yes.

From Day 2 Recap: Zoned In (http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300005442&messageID=300208147#300208147)

- Redick was 3-for-4 from three, his only miss a heat-check pull-up in transition after starting hitting his first three.

mgtr
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
JJ was uninspired on offense today, but did OK on defense, from what I saw. But Mike Miller was unbelievable -- JJ probably just needs a few more years in the league.

dukelifer
07-22-2007, 11:35 PM
I am not sure when you stopped watching but Kevin Durant also put on a show in parts of that game- both inside and outside. He was mighty impressive and showed he has the makings of a star. He rose to the occasion to be sure. But in the end, Kobe was the player of the game. When a shot was needed - when a play was needed- Kobe was there. I am not a Kobe fan- but you have to respect his ability to make plays. Having a player who can take over a game particularly in the clutch will be key for team USA. Tonight he did his MJ impersonation by hitting the eventual game winner over the outstretched hand of Tayshaun Prince at the top of the key. Shane was the defensive star and Michael Redd- who had an off first half- showed how dangerous he can be from the outside. This team has more shooters than the last team USA. JJ may be one of them in the future- but Kobe, Miller, and Redd are very tough from the outside. I also think Kidd and Williams are great point guards for this team. They are big and strong. Paul and Hinrich are small and were out-muscled at times. Last team USA had a hard time against the zone. I think this team can bust zones if need be- and that could be the difference.