PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Wake Forest (Jan 19, 2012)

JBDuke
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 91-73 win over Wake Forest?

Bob Green
01-19-2012, 10:06 PM
My vote goes to Andre Dawkins for the second consecutive game. He was absolutely awesome knocking down those 3-pointers. I really liked the way he worked to get open off screens.

dukeblue1206
01-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I went with Ryan Kelly cause he was good the whole game and went for 20/10/4. Dawkins was outstanding in the 1st half but didn't scratch in the 2nd.

fitimi1
01-19-2012, 10:18 PM
I also voted for Ryan as thought he had the best all-around game. Having said that, liked the entire team effort tonight.

jv001
01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I voted for Ryan for the 20pts, 10 rebs and 4 assists. He was the most active I've seen him in a while. He was good from the perimeter and from around the basket. Andre almost got my vote, but he didn't seem to work as hard to get open in the 2nd half. Now in the first half, that's the most active I've seen Andre. Seth with a good all around game as well. Austin didn't start but had the most minutes(32) and played very well. Good game for everyone. GoDuke!

Newton_14
01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I went with Andre. Great shooting performance and played well defensively. Could have just as easily voted for Ryan who had his best game of the year imo. Austin started out slow but played a solid game, and earned his 20. He gets hammered a lot on all those drives with a low percentage of fouls called. As a friend commented tonight, he should live at the line, with the contact he draws.

devildeac
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Dawkins=Man of the Half

Kelly=Man of the Match

Dawkins was sensational in the 1st half.

Kelly was very, very good both halves. Crafty, cunning, opportunistic, dependable, versatile. I loved watching him play tonight.

1999ballboy
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
There is not a bad choice between Ryan, Dre, Austin and Seth. I went with Ryan though, he had some nice post moves and rebounded well.

dukediv2011
01-19-2012, 11:14 PM
I voted Austin Rivers because he definitely needed a confidence booster game after the past 5 games and he did! Way to go, Austin!

M B Walker
01-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Dawkins was man of the six and a half minutes in which he hit six of his three pointers. Fun to watch, but other than that he was virtually invisible.

Ryan Kelly scored 10 of Duke's first 25 points, building a nine point lead before Dawkins even scored. Kelly also had 10 rebounds (6 of them offensive), four assists, and played well in both halves.

No contest. Kelly was MOTM.

ncexnyc
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Dre's blitz was fun to watch, but the stat sheet stuffing by Ryan gets my vote.

JNort
01-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I went with Ryan Kelly just because he was a constant and also got the double double. I really considered voting Austin because of the patience he showed and how well he seemed to respond to being taken out of the starting lineup. Andre did great in the first half shooting the ball but... On defense he was terrible and that kept me from voting for him.

JNort
01-19-2012, 11:49 PM
At least to me anyway that not one person has voted for Seth... 7 for 9 and drove to the basket very well. He also had 3 steals and all of his points were him doing his work inside instead of from 3.

airowe
01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
I was worried how Austin would respond to being benched. He absolutely took it like a man and for that he gets my vote.

magjayran
01-20-2012, 02:51 AM
I voted Todd Z and I'm not sorry for doing it.

Ggallagher
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Ryan was solid from start to finish, and Seth was right behind him. Both of them were great. And Andre was obviously spectacular in the first half. I had to go with Ryan though for good contributions at both ends of the court throughout the game.

JBDuke
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I went with Andre. He didn't do much, statistically, outside of his amazing stretch in the first half. But that stretch was key to the relatively easy Duke win. He single-handedly gave Duke a working double-digit margin and forced Wake to abandon their zone. That opened up the middle for drives by Seth and Austin in the second half.

Kudos to Ryan, who blunted Wake's hot start, rebounded solidly, shot his FTs well, and played a solid all-around game. No argument if you voted for him, but I picked Dre because I think he had the biggest impact on the game.