PDA

View Full Version : Duke musical trivia

DukieInBrasil
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I was listening to tunes on the computer and looked at the playlist and it was "The K Shuffle" by Kenny Burrell and i remembered that i also have "Miles Smiles" by Miles Davis. It got me to thinkin' about how many other bands or songs have a possible reference to the name of a Duke player or coach. I quickly found The Curry Collective and a musician/band called Silent G thru the Google (which is protesting the SOPA/PIPA bills btw).
Anybody got any others to add to the list?

dball
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I was listening to tunes on the computer and looked at the playlist and it was "The K Shuffle" by Kenny Burrell and i remembered that i also have "Miles Smiles" by Miles Davis. It got me to thinkin' about how many other bands or songs have a possible reference to the name of a Duke player or coach. I quickly found The Curry Collective and a musician/band called Silent G thru the Google (which is protesting the SOPA/PIPA bills btw).
Anybody got any others to add to the list?

Most are a stretch but off the top of my head:

lots of songs by Dr. Dre
music from Austin City Limits
only Mason reference I could recall was "grape wine in a mason jar" from Chug-a-lug
Marshall Tucker Band
The Curry Song
Tyler's "Big Mama" Thornton?

DukieInBrasil
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
media player pulled up Mason's Children by Grateful Dead, i thought it was appropriate.
"all Mason's children grew so well, they never grew so tall before. They may never grow so tall again..."

dukelilsis
03-03-2012, 06:42 PM
This isn't a specific player but I've always been a little partial to INXS's "Devil Inside" on game days.

OldPhiKap
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
media player pulled up Mason's Children by Grateful Dead, i thought it was appropriate.
"all Mason's children grew so well, they never grew so tall before. They may never grow so tall again..."

A friend of The Devils is a friend of mine.

Edouble
03-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Well, clearly the best is "Nuthin But A G Thang" by Dr. Dre.