PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke 79, GT 62

wandalee
01-18-2012, 12:23 PM
The women play tonight at 7:00 against GT. The game is on ESPN3. Hopefully, we keep our 33 game winning streak against the Yellow Jackets alive!

wandalee
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Duke is up 6 at the half. They started off great, then too many dumb turnovers, so they let GT back in.

stillcrazie
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Duke is up 6 at the half. They started off great, then too many dumb turnovers, so they let GT back in.

Looking better now. This is the first chance I've had to watch them much this year. Very different looking team than I've seen in the past. Solid, patient on offense, not so many of the frustrating missed layups I've been used to. Not as flashy as past teams, but very, very solid.

wandalee
01-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Game over. We won 79-62. We had a much better 2nd half. Elizabeth had another double-double.

stillcrazie
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
79-62. Nice road win, but now to face MD. The offensive flow of this team is much better than I can recall under McCallie's tenure. E-Will is already a force and going to get even better. Chelsea Gray is phenomenal. Anyone know why Haley Peters did not play, at least in the 2nd half?

Jim3k
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM

So many of those turnovers are just plain thoughtless or perhaps unawares. Duke would have won by 25 or more if they hadn't turned so many over. Plus, I thought they didn't hang on to rebounds as well as they could have.

On the plus side, though, the offense is beginning to look like a real offense. Good passing. Williams is unselfish and passes out of the post well. Her pass to Scheer was a thing of beauty, as was Scheer's flash to the bucket. I even saw, for the first time in 4 years, screening on the perimeter. Has P finally seen the light? At least she's not pushing the "throw it to the rim and someone will tip it in" offense of past years.

I think much of the credit for that goes to the players, particularly Richa Jackson and Williams. Gray's assists also have changed the approach.

jv001
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
So many of those turnovers are just plain thoughtless or perhaps unawares. Duke would have won by 25 or more if they hadn't turned so many over. Plus, I thought they didn't hang on to rebounds as well as they could have.

On the plus side, though, the offense is beginning to look like a real offense. Good passing. Williams is unselfish and passes out of the post well. Her pass to Scheer was a thing of beauty, as was Scheer's flash to the bucket. I even saw, for the first time in 4 years, screening on the perimeter. Has P finally seen the light? At least she's not pushing the "throw it to the rim and someone will tip it in" offense of past years.

I think much of the credit for that goes to the players, particularly Richa Jackson and Williams. Gray's assists also have changed the approach.

Watching the games this year has been much easier on the eyes. Well not the turnovers but good for the other aspects of the game. Williams is a good player and just a freshman, wow. GoDuke!