PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green making waves

Richard Berg
01-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Here's a player I loved to hate: an attitude, an NCAA title, and a degree from the Kris Lang beauty school. As the 5th or 6th best player on his college team, I didn't expect him to last long in the big leagues.

But alas, I love my Spurs more than I hate the Heels, so when we picked up his cheap contract I hoped for Pop to work his usual wizardry. Lo & behold, this 3rd-year bench warmer has reeled off some might impressive games:

7Jan vs DEN: 24pt, 7reb, 2ast, 2blk, 2stl, 2to
13Jan vs POR: 13pt, 6reb, 2ast, 3blk, 1stl, 1to
17Jan @ MIA: 20pt, 2reb

Hopefully he can get in a groove, giving us a credible backup (or more...) once Manu is healthy.

weezie
01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Hopefully he can get in a groove

Let us know if he is still busting his dance moves.

roywhite
01-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Let us know if he is still busting his dance moves.

Ole Roy's recent discontent could be as simple as losing his dancing buddy.
Who can forget some of their famous dueling throw-downs at Midnight Madness?

DUKIE V(A)
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Here's a player I loved to hate: an attitude, an NCAA title, and a degree from the Kris Lang beauty school. As the 5th or 6th best player on his college team, I didn't expect him to last long in the big leagues.

But alas, I love my Spurs more than I hate the Heels, so when we picked up his cheap contract I hoped for Pop to work his usual wizardry. Lo & behold, this 3rd-year bench warmer has reeled off some might impressive games:

7Jan vs DEN: 24pt, 7reb, 2ast, 2blk, 2stl, 2to
13Jan vs POR: 13pt, 6reb, 2ast, 3blk, 1stl, 1to
17Jan @ MIA: 20pt, 2reb

Hopefully he can get in a groove, giving us a credible backup (or more...) once Manu is healthy.

Three sure signs you have taken your fandom too far...

1. Balant and repeated neglect of your family for your favorite team.
2. Cheering boisterously when a rival's star player gets injured.
3. Rooting for Danny Green -- no matter what team he plays for.

I kid of course -- good for Mr. Green.

SupaDave
01-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Green is obviously a hard worker. That's a lot of hours in the gym. We saw him improve quite a bit at UNC.

Cameron
01-18-2012, 08:34 PM
As much as I disliked Danny Green -- and I hated him in the same vein that I did watching my favorite dog die, which is actually quite sick come to think about it -- I could appreciate the ability he had to back up his talk on the court. He played with a swagger that could be annoying, to be sure -- so did J.J., in the eyes of fanbases not named Duke -- but, more importantly, Danny played with an unbridled, undying confidence in himself and believed that he was actually as good as he thought he was. As a fan of the game who considers J.J. and Reggie Miller his two favorite basketball players ever, it's a trait that I fully admire. I love players with attitude. Take Chris Collins, for example. And Green could really fill it up, and that includes both his head and the bucket.

hq2
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
I never had Green pegged as much of a pro; not tall enough to play 4, not quick enough to play 3.
However, San Antonio seems to know how to get some mileage out of slightly shorter 4s, (see Dajuan
Blair), so he's at the right place.

Richard Berg
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I never had Green pegged as much of a pro; not tall enough to play 4, not quick enough to play 3.
However, San Antonio seems to know how to get some mileage out of slightly shorter 4s, (see Dajuan
Blair), so he's at the right place.

Hopefully Mr. Singler is taking notes.