PDA

View Full Version : Standing Room Only Tickets for Wake game

CameronDuke
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I see that tickets are being offered via GoDuke.com for the game Thursday. How do the standing room only tickets work? Is it first come first serve regarding where in the student sections you can stand? How early do the gates open and if I get tickets in section 17 (the student section), will I be on the ends or is the entire section "standing room early?"

Thanks in advance!

Newton_14
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
I see that tickets are being offered via GoDuke.com for the game Thursday. How do the standing room only tickets work? Is it first come first serve regarding where in the student sections you can stand? How early do the gates open and if I get tickets in section 17 (the student section), will I be on the ends or is the entire section "standing room early?"

Thanks in advance!

You will have to pick the ticket up at Will Call which opens one hour prior to tip. CIS gates open at the same time. By the time you get your ticket the only open areas will be in the far corners on either end. Even if you are the first person in line at Will Call, there will be thousands already in line to get into Cameron for Section 17.

CameronDuke
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM
You will have to pick the ticket up at Will Call which opens one hour prior to tip. CIS gates open at the same time. By the time you get your ticket the only open areas will be in the far corners on either end. Even if you are the first person in line at Will Call, there will be thousands already in line to get into Cameron for Section 17.

Thanks. Would sitting behind either basket (Section 19) be a better view than Section 17?

Newton_14
01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks. Would sitting behind either basket (Section 19) be a better view than Section 17?

In my humble opinion, yes. Now, if you are 6'5 or something you may have a different opinion. For me, I would take the Section 19 seat every time vs where you are likely to end up standing. Very tough angle.

CameronDuke
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM
In my humble opinion, yes. Now, if you are 6'5 or something you may have a different opinion. For me, I would take the Section 19 seat every time vs where you are likely to end up standing. Very tough angle.

Thanks for the insight, I'm actually small notch taller than six feet five inches so it may work out nicely! I got 2 tickets in section 17, looking forward to my first ACC game in Cameron! Let's Go Duke!

airowe
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Section 19 tickets are behind the benches. Much preferable to Section 17 if you're not a student. imo.

Newton_14
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Section 19 tickets are behind the benches. Much preferable to Section 17 if you're not a student. imo.

Good catch. I didn't think about that since he mentioned behind the basket. But yeah, behind the benches are the best seat in the house. A no brainer if the choice is there.

CameronDuke
01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Good catch. I didn't think about that since he mentioned behind the basket. But yeah, behind the benches are the best seat in the house. A no brainer if the choice is there.

Looked like all that was left was Section 17 but I am in the building and can't really ask for more!

airowe
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM

I'm partial to the first few rows in Sections 14 and 15. ;)

At least that way you can get up out of your seat and not have to climb over twenty people to get back in (if you even can get back in.)

JNort
01-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Aww I wanna cry right now! I wanna go sooo bad and I can actually afford to at the moment BUT...... I got a job interview tomorrow from 5 to 7 and from there it would be a 2 and a half hour drive to CIS. So it is a no go for me unfortunately :(

-jk
01-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm partial to the first few rows in Sections 14 and 15. ;)

At least that way you can get up out of your seat and not have to climb over twenty people to get back in (if you even can get back in.)

I'd have to agree with that! ;).

-jk