PDA

View Full Version : Moment of Panic

DukeBlueHeart4
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
So, I'm not sure if many of you seen the news story that Chloe Wells is out for the season due to a policy violation. It nearly killed me! I saw the tag line "Duke guard out for season due to unspecified policy violation" and I immediately saw Austin, Seth, and Andre flash before my eyes. While I am a little relieved is not one of our boys, it does make me curious about what the young lady did.

-bdbd
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
So, I'm not sure if many of you seen the news story that Chloe Wells is out for the season due to a policy violation. It nearly killed me! I saw the tag line "Duke guard out for season due to unspecified policy violation" and I immediately saw Austin, Seth, and Andre flash before my eyes. While I am a little relieved is not one of our boys, it does make me curious about what the young lady did.

While I have no real idea, it is not uncommon for schools to refer to player "policy violations" at this time of year to mean academic shortcomings...

:confused:

Sorry to see this happen to the young lady. I hope that it is a learning experience and she comes back stronger for it.

wandalee
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
That's a big loss for our women's team. She was playing great and offered good point guard play. Hopefully she can correct the problems and rejoin the team next year.

CameronBornAndBred
01-11-2012, 08:24 AM
That's a big loss for our women's team. She was playing great and offered good point guard play. Hopefully she can correct the problems and rejoin the team next year.
When the story was first released it was due to academic reasons.

Duke was without starting guard Chloe Wells, who will be out indefinitely while resolving an academic matter according to the school.http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/selby-back-for-no-8-duke-wells-out-for-academic-reasons/2011/12/30/gIQAuSZFRP_story.html

Since then, the story has been revised to include that she will not only miss the remainder of the year but will also not be enrolled in school.

Duke says sophomore guard Chloe Wells will miss the rest of the season and will not enroll in school for the spring semester because of a violation of an undisclosed university policy.
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7447908/duke-blue-devils-chloe-wells-policy-violation-season

Just a guess, but since she is not in school, and since it was due to academic reasons initially, I would think she got busted for cheating ala Zack Asack. I assume they suspended her from the team while the school decided on her academic standing which is why at first it was "indefinitely". Asack had to sit out the remainder of the school year but was able to return the following fall. (When he did the same damn thing again...sigh)