PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee shows a lack of class

Highlander
01-03-2012, 11:09 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/column-another-reason-cant-home-011512223--spt.html

Wow. Tennessee refuses to allow a freshman player to transfer to a B10 school to be close to his ailing father for competitive reasons, yet has no problem accepting a player from Notre Dame THIS SEASON who wanted to return to Knoxville for the same reason. ND by the way released him from his LOI. Tennessee's answer to their player was that he should just transfer to Central Michigan.

Seriously? Is one player going to a team they don't even play really make a hill of beans worth of difference? There are some things more important than football, and family is one of them. I might have a little bit of sympathy for Tennessee here had they not taken the player from ND under essentially the exact same circumstances.

Makes me very proud that Duke did treated Elliot Williams with the class that they did.

Zeke
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
letter from DeAnthony Arnett to the media, dated Jan 3, 2012

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings towards my experience at the University of Tennessee. The past few weeks have been filled with an abundance of trials and tribulations that I did not see coming. As I entered my freshman year of college I was excited to be a Volunteer and my short lived experience exceeded my expectations. My decision to leave the University of Tennessee has nothing to do with football, coaches, players or anything related to the school. It is and will always remain solely based off of the importance of me keeping my beliefs and family first. I have developed a friendship and bond with so many people at the University of Tennessee that I will never be able to replace.

Although, I am sure that my request to leave UT was not the best or most expected news to Coach Dooley. However, he took the time to hear me and understand that I must keep family first at all times. He has a family of his own and made it clear that he would never want a player to choose football over the most important things in life. For this reason his decision to release me unconditionally comes as a sign of a compassionate and empathetic coach. I will never be able to express fully my appreciations and gratitude for his decision.

I want to ensure that all recruits, currents players and fans know that the University of Tennessee is headed in the right direction. All good things take time and work. UT has always surpassed the rest and I believe in due time they will be back to the number one program in the SEC. If I did not have issues within my family, you could guarantee that I would continue to be a VOL.

The University of Tennessee has provided me with a great initial college experience. It is difficult for me to believe that I will be able to find a school with such caring and kind people. However, I will have to move forward with my life at a new university in order to complete my duties to the man up above. My family does and will always come first. With this being said I just want to thank Coach Dooley and the University of Tennessee for leaving a footprint in my life that will never be erased. I am forever indebted to you.

Arnette enrolled at Michigan State this week. Not the closest university to his home, but his #2 choice during recruiting

dukebluelemur
01-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Or maybe Bad Press > Recruiting Advantages. That sounds like it was written by a professional...

Edouble
01-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Or maybe Bad Press > Recruiting Advantages. That sounds like it was written by a professional...

No. It really doesn't. The grammar is awful. If it was a professional, I hope they only paid him $3.

The first "sentence" of the second paragraph isn't even a sentence.

dukebluelemur
01-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Thats true, I was caught up on words like 'tribulations' and 'empathetic' which are not in the standard vocabulary of most football players I've known.

WiJoe
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Remember, Tennessee is a proud member of the:

Situational

Ethics

Conference