PDA

View Full Version : WatchESPN issue

PSurprise
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up anywhere, but the last couple of weeks as I've been trying to watch Duke and others on Watchespn.com, the viewing screen is cut off and it won't let me switch to full screen mode. I'm using the latest Google Chrome, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or fixes. It used to work fine before, but not anymore...

stillcrazie
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up anywhere, but the last couple of weeks as I've been trying to watch Duke and others on Watchespn.com, the viewing screen is cut off and it won't let me switch to full screen mode. I'm using the latest Google Chrome, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or fixes. It used to work fine before, but not anymore...

Not sure if watchespn.com is the same as espn3, but I have not had any problems using Firefox. Or you may just need to sign into the system again - if you've cleaned up your computer it can un-register you. Just a few ideas - good luck.

UrinalCake
01-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I've watched almost all the games on ESPN3 and haven't had any problems. Not sure if the WatchESPN broadcast channels (which are a superset of ESPN3) use a different streaming interface, but the first thing I'd try is using a different browser, as stillcrazie said. Also make sure you've got the most recent Flash plugin for your browser.

PSurprise
01-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I've got the latest Flash and browsers. It looks like it works on IE (unfortunately). So I guess I'll have to switch to that.

MulletMan
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM

For some reason it doesn't work on Chrome. Don't use IE, as it's too bulky. Download Firefox and watch it on that. Runs quickest with good streaming quality.

aro24
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.....whereas normally you can move your mouse to the bottom of the viewing window and choose full screen or multiple screens....mine had been cut off. I can't remember the exact steps that were taken but there is a "contact us" phone number on the watchespn website, I called and got a real person fairly quicky and they walked me through a few settings changes and I have been working fine ever since. May want to give this a shot.

ARo24

PSurprise
01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Well, I emailed ESPN and while not giving me any specific instructions about Chrome, (only for IE and Mozilla), they actually gave me some correct advice-The zoom on Chrome was turned down to 83%. When I upped it to 100%, it worked! So if anyone has an issue like this in the future, check the Zoom.

kmspeaks
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm trying to watch the replay of the St. John's game. It loads and starts playing but after 10-40 seconds the video stops and then about 20 seconds later the audio stops. In Chrome it tells me shockwave stopped running do I want to stop it (or something to that effect) and in Firefox and IE the page just freezes. I've updated my flash player and no change. I also tried to watch a different game with the same result. Anybody else having the same problem?

People with more computer knowledge than me, any suggestions?