PDA

View Full Version : sitting on the floor at cameron

moonpie23
01-01-2012, 04:43 PM
just looking up at the banners. man. HISTORY!! it's humbling.

Cameron
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I remember sneaking into Cameron late at night with my cousin when we used to go down to work the Duke Camp -- and by "sneak," I mean we strolled casually through the front door; the former sounds much more picturesque, however -- and just sitting there, on the middle of Coach K Court, in the still. As the man himself often says, the place does have a soul, and blood does run through its beams. Though I have never been, it's what I imagine walking into the doors of a prehistoric castle somewhere on the coast of Ireland would be like. Haunting.

But as beautiful as Cameron is, I've always found spending an afternoon or early evening in the Duke Chapel to be even more compelling. Your eyes never tire. No matter how many times you've been there. The Duke Forest is a magical place. God I love it and I could live there contentedly for eternity.

BluDvlsN1
01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
just looking up at the banners. man. HISTORY!! it's humbling.

I have experienced that exact feeling, your mind races from all the games played , all the big wins, the crazies going wild,
the banners just evoking a flood of precious memories.... it is the best of Basketball...if this pic comes though.. it was senior night last year
watching Nolan and Kyle play their last home game... halftime and the crazies just going nuts to the song "Every time we touch", memory of a lifetime.. it's all encompasssing !!!