PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Bowl

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Baylor and Washington will blow away several NCAA Bowl records tonight. It's Baylor 53, Washington 49 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Pretty entertaining on ESPN. Lou Holtz and Mark May think RGIII is the #1 pick if he comes out.

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:16 AM
56-53 Washington with 9 minutes to go. Unbelievable. OT??

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Baylor 60, Washington 56 with 8 to go. This is fun. Sorry you are all asleep.

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Maybe the best offensive college football game I have ever seen. Still going. Catch it on ESPN Classic. It's worth your time. Still 60-56 Baylor. Washington driving, called TO. 4th and 8 with 3:25 left. Giddy.

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:43 AM
OVER...I think. Baylor 67-56 over Washington. Still 2:28 left....

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Baylor wins 67-56. Wow.

Verga3
12-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Maybe now should change this thread to "Is RGIII coming out." Any guesses? #1 over Andrew Luck?

captmojo
12-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Maybe the best offensive college football game I have ever seen.

Maybe. I look at it as possibly one of the worst defensive games. The color announcer mentioned after one Baylor TD run, that Washington's defense couldn't stop the guy with the ball, "...if they were playing Two-Hand Touch."

I think he was right.

Olympic Fan
12-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Maybe now should change this thread to "Is RGIII coming out." Any guesses? #1 over Andrew Luck?

Amazingly, Griffen didn't look that great -- the Price kid from Washington had a MUCH better night (400--plus yards passing, four TD passes, three TD runs).

Don't know whether he comes out or not, but if he does, absolutely no chance he's picked ahead of Luck.

Wander
12-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Amazingly, Griffen didn't look that great -- the Price kid from Washington had a MUCH better night (400--plus yards passing, four TD passes, three TD runs).

I've heard other people say this, but I don't agree. Baylor had 67 points! Griffin didn't have jaw-dropping passing stats because his team kept rushing for ridiculous gains. 43 yard rushing TD, 89 yard rushing TD, 36 yard rushing TD, 78 yard rush for a 1st and goal, etc. I'm somewhat reminded of the game a few years ago when Davidson played an opponent - I don't remember who - that decided to double team Stephen Curry for the entire 40 minutes. So Curry hung out near halfcourt during the entire game, scored zero points, and let his teammates blow out the opposition in a 4 on 3 basketball game.

And yeah, this may have been the worst defense in a football game I've ever seen. The announcer was seriously suggesting that the teams just onside kick every possession - and I'm not sure he was wrong.

Bob Green
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry you are all asleep.

I watched the whole game, but didn't see this thread until today. The speculation on Seattle Sports Radio this morning is how long is it before Head Coach Steve Sarkisian fires his Defensive Coordinator Nick Holt. Washington's defense is pitiful. Seattle Times columnist Jerry Brewer elaborates:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jerrybrewer/2017122799_brewer30.html

-- the Price kid from Washington had a MUCH better night (400--plus yards passing, four TD passes, three TD runs).

Keith Price was completely healthy last night for the first time this season. He is a redshirt sophomore so Washington is in great shape at QB for the next couple of years if Price can stay healthy. The Huskies have two true freshman receivers in TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins and WR Kasen Williams. Sarkisian is doing a great job rebuilding the program at UW a team that went 0-12 the year before he arrived. In three seasons at UW, Sark has went 5-7, 7-6 and 7-6 with two bowl appearances. He has a big hole to fill at running back as redshirt junior Chris Polk is surely gone to the NFL and his defense is a shambles. One theory I heard from the talking heads on sports radio is Sarkisian is so young he doesn't have good contacts amongst potential assistant coaches so he has been forced to stick with Nick Holt. I suspect he will figure something out quickly because the rabid UW fan base is ready to tar and feather Holt.

devildeac
12-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Wonder if either of their offensive co-ordinators are available...:rolleyes:

camion
12-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Wonder if either of their offensive co-ordinators are available...:rolleyes:

No, but their defensive coordinators likely will be. :p

Bob Green
12-31-2011, 02:12 PM
This report is still unconfirmed a/k/a a rumor so good thing we aren't talking Duke basketball or I'd have to issue myself an infraction ;) :

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017126360_report_holt_mills_fired.html

The web site reported a little while ago that defensive coordinator Nick Holt and safeties coach Jeff Mills "will not return'' in 2012. The site doesn't cite a source for its report.

devildeac
12-31-2011, 02:21 PM
This report is still unconfirmed a/k/a a rumor so good thing we aren't talking Duke basketball or I'd have to issue myself an infraction ;) :

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017126360_report_holt_mills_fired.html

Funny stuff, Bob. Almost as funny as your comment last PM about you'd even join the Air Force for $6 MIL. ;)

Bob Green
12-31-2011, 06:10 PM
The University of Washington has fired defensive coordinator Nick Holt, linebackers coach Mike Cox and safeties coach Jeff Mills:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017133278_holt_mills_cox_fired.html

In addition to the 67 points yielded to Baylor, UW allowed Stanford to score 65 and Nebraska to score 51.