PDA

View Full Version : Can I be the first?

weezie
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM
To wish all of you nuts a Merry Christmas?!

Jarhead
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Yes, and thank you. Same to ya', weez.

elvis14
12-24-2011, 09:34 PM

I was actually just on here looking for a Merry Christmas thread! I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

OldPhiKap
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Ho Ho Ho to All All All.

(and happy Hanukkah as well)

Newton_14
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM

Merry Christmas to weezie and all of the DBR family!

snowdenscold
12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
You gun-jumpers better live in Europe - it's still a merry Christmas Eve here on the east coast =)

snowdenscold
12-25-2011, 12:03 AM
And now Merry Christmas indeed!

(though I still haven't wrapped my presents! :eek: )

Jim3k
12-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Back at you guys. Especially to the mods who work hard to keep this place on an even keel.

Seriously, Jason! :rolleyes:

OZZIE4DUKE
12-25-2011, 08:25 AM
:cool:Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas to all! :cool:

moonpie23
12-25-2011, 08:49 AM
merry christmas folks.....have a great one..

JNort
12-25-2011, 09:01 AM
To everyone here at DBR and all your families! May you all have a wonderful day with your families! :D

JasonEvans
12-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Back at you guys. Especially to the mods who work hard to keep this place on an even keel.

Seriously, Jason! :rolleyes:

The mod work only matters because of all the truly excellent posters.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

-Jason

gumbomoop
12-25-2011, 10:07 AM
My Christmas wish is that all of you have time to enjoy some music, Christmas-themed. Here are 4 of my favorites, and I'd enjoy hearing about yours.

- "In the Bleak Midwinter," especially, especially the version by Chrissie Hynde on the Blind Boys of Alabama CD, "Go Tell It on Mountain"

- Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas from the Family," which Robert Earl himself has described as "the Rocky Horror Picture Show of Christmas songs"

- "Santa Lost a Ho," a mildly bawdy but otherwise innocent singalong, by The Christmas Jug Band

- most any holiday song by Louis Armstrong

OldPhiKap
12-25-2011, 10:09 AM
My Christmas wish is that all of you have time to enjoy some music, Christmas-themed. Here are 4 of my favorites, and I'd enjoy hearing about yours.

- "In the Bleak Midwinter," especially, especially the version by Chrissie Hynde on the Blind Boys of Alabama CD, "Go Tell It on Mountain"

- Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas from the Family," which Robert Earl himself has described as "the Rocky Horror Picture Show of Christmas songs"

- "Santa Lost a Ho," a mildly bawdy but otherwise innocent singalong, by The Christmas Jug Band

I LIVE the REK song.

Not proud, just sayin.

oldnavy
12-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Merry Christmas, I hope that each of you have a wonderful holiday, and are able to share the time with the ones you love, just like the little girl in the video on the front page.

MHNOLADevil
12-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Merry Christmas and happiest of holidays to all of my DBR brothers and sisters.

DevilWearsPrada
12-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Merry Christmas to all DBR staff and everyone!

I went to the Christmas Eve service at the Duke Chapel last night. Totally awesome. A young man (10 year old range) sang the solo of my favorite Christmas song, "O Holy Night", to which always brings tears to my eyes. If you didnt watch the service on Carolina 14, you can on the Duke Chapel website. Thanks to all the Choir for doing a beautiful job last night.

Bob Harris, Voice of the Blue Devils, was in the choir last night, along with his daughter, Bobby and granddaughter. 3 generations from the Harris family! Job well done!

Thanks DBR for posting the video of the young girl and her Father reuniting. Tears of joy and gratefulness are felt for the daughter and her Father. We all have so much to be thankful for.

Merry Christmas!

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-25-2011, 11:39 AM

A sample of my favs......
-Elvis singing "Blue Christmas "
-Aaron Neville singing "O, Holy Night" or singing just about any other Christmas song
-Sanctus from the St. Cecelia Mass
-Brian Setzer "Dig That Crazy Santa Claus" or "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus"
-Harry Connick, Jr. playing "Winter Wonderland" or singing almost any Christmas song

devildeac
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
It just doesn't get any better than this on Christmas Day. Made my day. Even better than 9F.

http://mail.aol.com/35138-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=27708420&folder=NewMail&partId=1

And the NCDOT let these Duke folks put this on a license plate.

ricks68
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Ditto from me, too. Ya'll have the happiest of holidays.

ricks

CameronBornAndBred
12-26-2011, 08:37 AM
It just doesn't get any better than this on Christmas Day. Made my day. Even better than 9F.

http://mail.aol.com/35138-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=27708420&folder=NewMail&partId=1

And the NCDOT let these Duke folks put this on a license plate.

DD asked me to post the pic since apparently that link has problems. He texted it to me yesterday, it made a great Christmas even better. It was an SUV he was following in Raleigh.

2214 22122213

devildeac
12-26-2011, 10:14 AM
DD asked me to post the pic since apparently that link has problems. He texted it to me yesterday, it made a great Christmas even better. It was an SUV he was following in Raleigh.

2214 22122213

Yep, that's the one!

Thanks!