PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. UNC-Greensboro (Dec 19, 2011)

JBDuke
12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in the team's 90-63 win over UNC-Greensboro?

OldPhiKap
12-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Best player on the floor? Mason.

Man of the Match? Quinn.

Congrats, Mr. Cook

jipops
12-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Mason was THE dominant force in this game. His big plays gave Duke separation. All of Quinn's scores camed after Duke had already made their push.

devildeac
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I'll go with Mr. Cook tonight with the steady influence leading the team the second half and better defense that half than in the first half. Mason had a fine game and coulda/shoulda had 18/13 if he could shoot 60-70% FT. I liked Miles' line, too, of 0 points and 13 boards. Any stats/trivia folks out there able to answer the question of most rebounds in a single game by an individual player without scoring a point?

basket1544
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Well Zoubs had 16 rebounds and 3 points against VA Tech his senior year. I can't think of anyone that came closer to what Miles did today.

westwall
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Votes tonight are few and far between. Is that because, while multiple players had decent-to-good games --- there was no clear Man of the Match??

OZZIE4DUKE
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Quinn Cox, uh, Cook got my vote tonight. Apparently Bob Harris called Cook "Cox" at some point during the broadcast last night, or so he told Quinn during the post game interview as Bob led with an apology for doing so. Shortly after that, devildeac had to apologize to me for almost making me spew my Diet Coke onto the person sitting in front of me in the car we were riding, but to say more would just be Crazietalk. :cool:

snowdenscold
12-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Any stats/trivia folks out there able to answer the question of most rebounds in a single game by an individual player without scoring a point?

Not sure about Duke or college in general, but Rodman once had 28 rebounds, 0 points in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199312010CHH.html

tele
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Mason played really well and used his size to advantage against a smaller team. Both he and Miles did a great job on the boards. As well as the Bigs played, interesting that Duke didn't open up the lead until the threes started falling, may be something see again in conference play. Bring on the regular season!!

COYS
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Mason played really well and used his size to advantage against a smaller team. Both he and Miles did a great job on the boards. As well as the Bigs played, interesting that Duke didn't open up the lead until the threes started falling, may be something see again in conference play. Bring on the regular season!!

If Mason commands double teams in conference play, we'll have a lot of wide open looks at three. Mason's most underrated skill is his passing, in my opinion. I HOPE that opposing defenses feel they need to double up on Mason in the post because I think he'll do a great job kicking out to our many three point shooters.

MCFinARL
12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Quinn Cox, uh, Cook got my vote tonight. Apparently Bob Harris called Cook "Cox" at some point during the broadcast last night, or so he told Quinn during the post game interview as Bob led with an apology for doing so. Shortly after that, devildeac had to apologize to me for almost making me spew my Diet Coke onto the person sitting in front of me in the car we were riding, but to say more would just be Crazietalk. :cool:

Yeah, I think sometimes they get a little woozy up there in the broadcast booth. They also credited Tyler Thornton with a 3-point shot made by Andre when Thornton was not on the floor.

Azdukefan
12-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I went with the very uncoventional approach. I took MP1 as the MOTM. 13 rebounds without a point epitomizes a "Dukie." It was tough not to choose QC, MP2, or even AD but I think Miles deserves some love especially since I am often his biggest critic.

Son of Mojo
12-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Mason was most dominant, but I can't in good faith vote it for him until there is some better FT shooting from him. Quinn got my vote, but Silent G almost stole it from him for his defense. G will not be a great steal/block type of defender IMO, but when he's on someone he disturbs their play a lot.