PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs UNC-G Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Azdukefan
12-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Being as though I live in AZ, I don't have the local station for the game. If any of you find a link to the game, please share. Thanks and sorry in advance if I placed this in the wrong place. Go Duke!!!!!

Olympic Fan
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
The best you may be able to do is ESPN3 ...

The game is on the RSN, which will be on in North Carolina, but probably not in Arizona.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Being as though I live in AZ, I don't have the local station for the game. If any of you find a link to the game, please share. Thanks and sorry in advance if I placed this in the wrong place. Go Duke!!!!!
I'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you in Greensboro, NC and looking for a TV or radio station to watch/listen the game on? Or are you in Arizona and looking for a link that is streaming the radio broadcast of the unc-G game on Monday night?

howardlander
12-18-2011, 04:53 PM

The game is on the RSN, which will be on in North Carolina, but probably not in Arizona.

So what channel is "RSN"? I live in Durham and have DirectTV, and couldn't find the game on the guide...

Thanks
Howard

Verga3
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I usually find RSN on FoxSportsSouth here in Greensboro on Time Warner Cable.

Kedsy
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Is the game on ESPN3?

COYS
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Is the game on ESPN3?

It's supposed to be: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/#type/upcoming/sport/basketball/startDate/20111219/

Azdukefan
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you in Greensboro, NC and looking for a TV or radio station to watch/listen the game on? Or are you in Arizona and looking for a link that is streaming the radio broadcast of the unc-G game on Monday night?

I'm in AZ and am asking for an online stream (video) (ex: Justin TV). I have a goduke account so i can listen but would prefer to watch.

devildeac
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
So what channel is "RSN"? I live in Durham and have DirectTV, and couldn't find the game on the guide...

Thanks
Howard

Raycom Sports Network, I think. IIRC, I have seen their games on the local ABC, NBC, CBS affiliates or FSN.

GLTBD
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM

Thanks
Howard

I live in Wake Forest and have Direct TV. The guide has the Duke game on channel 643.

dukee94
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I live in Wake Forest and have Direct TV. The guide has the Duke game on channel 643.

For those with DirecTV and the sports package, the game should be listed on about four of the fox sports channels, primarily 646, 643, 642, and 694. For those outside the ACC viewing market, however, Raycom will usually force Fox Sports/DirecTV to blackout the games (but you never know until tipoff). In that case the game should be available on ESPN3 (now WatchESPN) (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/#type/upcoming/sport/basketball/startDate/20111219/). One fun DirecTV tool for those outside the market is that if you choose one of the channels your dvr should keep searching through all of the channels to see if any are not blacked out.

howardlander
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Ah excellent. Thanks much. I must have looked too early!

Thanks
Howard

awhom111
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Here is the list of RSNs carrying the game tomorrow according to the ACC website:

http://www.theacc.com/live/2011-acc-basketball-match-center-unc-greensboro-at-duke.html

Count me in as a DirecTV user crossing my figures for a non-blacked out channel.

NSDukeFan
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I haven't had much success with justin.tv, adthe, or channelsurfing this year, but I believe it was T-mak posted this link on a snrub chat the first game of the year and I have been able to watch all the games here so far this year (except for Washington which was the only one on television in my area.)
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/basketball.html

Azdukefan
12-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I haven't had much success with justin.tv, adthe, or channelsurfing this year, but I believe it was T-mak posted this link on a snrub chat the first game of the year and I have been able to watch all the games here so far this year (except for Washington which was the only one on television in my area.)
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/basketball.html

This is exactly what I was looking for!!!! You have just made my Christmas. I'm not sure I could've waited until December 30th to watch the next game. My wife will be ecstatic that she has to take care of my two kids under the age of two for the two hours while I sit in front of the computer.

Bluedog
12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
There's a game tonight! Didn't see a thread already, so thought I'd start it. UNC-G comes in at 2-9 (0-3) and will obviously be overmatched against Duke, but one should never take his opponent lightly. FSU had "only" a 6-point lead a the half vs. UNC-G and they've also played TN and Georgetown, so have played against some quality competition (although got blown out by both of those teams). I think we'll probably see a lot of different lineups tonight as Coach K tries to work on a variety of things and see what works. Perhaps Quinn will get some quality minutes to see what he can do. Mason should have a major mismatch, so should be able to exploit that. Hopefully, the team won't be too rusty after having just had a fairly lengthy break for exams. Wes Miller (the former Tar Heel) is now the interim coach of UNC-G after Mike Dement stepped down last Tuesday.

TheRose77
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
The YES Network has it scheduled tonight at 8:00.

dukejunkie
12-19-2011, 12:21 PM
It is listed on FIOS (576) and Directv (631) at 8:00 PM. I would imagine it will be viewable in the tri-state area.

COYS
12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
There's a game tonight! Didn't see a thread already, so thought I'd start it. UNC-G comes in at 2-9 (0-3) and will obviously be overmatched against Duke, but one should never take his opponent lightly. FSU had "only" a 6-point lead a the half vs. UNC-G and they've also played TN and Georgetown, so have played against some quality competition (although got blown out by both of those teams). I think we'll probably see a lot of different lineups tonight as Coach K tries to work on a variety of things and see what works. Perhaps Quinn will get some quality minutes to see what he can do. Mason should have a major mismatch, so should be able to exploit that. Hopefully, the team won't be too rusty after having just had a fairly lengthy break for exams. Wes Miller (the former Tar Heel) is now the interim coach of UNC-G after Mike Dement stepped down last Tuesday.

Thanks for starting this! I'm excited about watching Duke basketball again. I'm going to be watching our defense closely during the second half of the December slate of games. From both the eye test and the dork stats at KenPom and other places, it is obvious that this team hasn't quite figured out how to play consistent team defense. We haven't had many games against weaker competition this season so this will be an opportunity for the team to really focus on shutting down an over-matched opponent and, hopefully, get a chance to see what can happen when the whole team commits to playing defense.

DukeVol
12-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Does Raycom Sports have any partnership agreements with networks outside of the ACC viewing area? I wonder if CSS or ESPNU will carry the game. I have Charter cable here in TN. I checked my listing guide and numerous channels show hoops coverage starting at 7:00PM but do not list the games.

Bluedog
12-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Does Raycom Sports have any partnership agreements with networks outside of the ACC viewing area? I wonder if CSS or ESPNU will carry the game. I have Charter cable here in TN. I checked my listing guide and numerous channels show hoops coverage starting at 7:00PM but do not list the games.

Here's a list of affiliates:

http://www.theacc.com/live/2011-acc-basketball-match-center-unc-greensboro-at-duke.html

It will be on ESPN3, but subject to local blackout.

slower
12-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Here's a list of affiliates:

It will be on ESPN3, but subject to local blackout.

Listed on Channel 50 (Fox Sports?) at 7PM, isn't it?

roywhite
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Not strictly related to UNC-G game talk, but does the team scatter for a holiday break after the game?

K has done that in the past, depending on the schedule, and I'm guessing the summer trip, etc. is a factor here in maybe wanting to give them a break.

My guess is they can go their separate ways after the game tonight, and then re-convene Christmas afternoon, but that is a guess.
Any solid info on this?

devil84
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Lots of discussion on the broadcast is also in the Link for UNCG broadcast thread (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?26916-Link-for-UNCG-broadcast&p=537051#post537051).

dcar1985
12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Not strictly related to UNC-G game talk, but does the team scatter for a holiday break after the game?

K has done that in the past, depending on the schedule, and I'm guessing the summer trip, etc. is a factor here in maybe wanting to give them a break.

My guess is they can go their separate ways after the game tonight, and then re-convene Christmas afternoon, but that is a guess.
Any solid info on this?

Yea sounds like thats the plan.....Mike G tweeted earlier today he would be heading home after the game tonite then back on the 26th

dukee94
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Listed on Channel 50 (Fox Sports?) at 7PM, isn't it?

If you are in the local viewing area the game will be blacked out on ESPN3/WatchESPN. If you are outside the viewing area the game will be available on ESPN3, but probably blacked out on the various RSN listings on DirecTV (or other possible providers).

gofurman
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
sorry, i am sure this has been covered elswhere.. is this game on tv? espnu? or just espn3? raycom?

superdave
12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Schedule found here. (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/schedules/)

gofurman
12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Schedule found here. (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/schedules/)

tks dave. rsn? is that our ol' raycom?

DukeFanSince1990
12-19-2011, 05:41 PM
tks dave. rsn? is that our ol' raycom?

Well its not coming on wral, its coming on fox sports south. If you have dish network its channel 420.

DukeBlueHeart4
12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Is it online anywhere besides espn3.com? I'm stuck at work and it's blacked out.

Lord Ash
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Man I HATE regional stuff.

If anyone has a website that streams it, it would be appreciated. This whole "only seeing two Duke games in December" is like a cruel price to pay for getting to see basketball in summer!

DukeBlueHeart4
12-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Someone posted a link in another thread...just saw it moments after posting before. It's the thread titled "Link for UNCG broadcast." It's www.firstrowsports.com, but that's not the direct link.

DukeBlueHeart4
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm just excited to be watching Duke basketball! I hate long breaks without any games...even though I know the boys need time to do things other than play ball. It's odd how just knowing there's a Duke game on tonight changes my whole outlook on the day.

I'm not sure that this will be much of a game, but, as has already been pointed out, UNCG has played some quality opponents. I think it's going to be a good chance for some of our back up guys to get some more experience. I hope that I'm not counting my eggs before they hatch (because anything can happen) but I don't think it's a stretch to say this is a good game to ease us back into play after that week off.

airowe
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
If you don't get ESPN3.com: http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/98880/1/watch-unc-greensboro-vs-(5)-duke.html

dukee94
12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
For those with DirecTV and the sports package, the game should be listed on about four of the fox sports channels, primarily 646, 643, 642, and 694. For those outside the ACC viewing market, however, Raycom will usually force Fox Sports/DirecTV to blackout the games (but you never know until tipoff). In that case the game should be available on ESPN3 (now WatchESPN) (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/#type/upcoming/sport/basketball/startDate/20111219/). One fun DirecTV tool for those outside the market is that if you choose one of the channels your dvr should keep searching through all of the channels to see if any are not blacked out.

For those with DirecTV and sports package who are outside the ACC viewing market, it appears to be viewable on 694 (Prime Ticket HD). My other Fox Sports channels were blacked out.

duke09hms
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Tyler with turnover and blocking foul

JMarley50
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
They are playing pretty sloppy early. Not being strong with the ball at all.

Fuqua's Finest
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Man as a UNCG Alum, I certainly don't mind keeping it close. But as a Duke fan this is brutal. I know about the layoff and K playing with the lineups, but this is just plain brutal. I know we'll win and by double digits, but can we at least get some style points. There's a lot of game left, but Seth seems so hesitant to pull the trigger. Maybe thats K coaching ball movement. Oh well back to the game.

licc85
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
They are being pretty scrappy and physical, that was probably to be expected. They are picking up a ton of fouls though, we just need to tighten things up on offense.

sagegrouse
12-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Someone posted a link in another thread...just saw it moments after posting before. It's the thread titled "Link for UNCG broadcast." It's www.firstrowsports.com, but that's not the direct link.

In Colorado I am getting the game on Prime Time HD, DirecTV 694. Other feeds are (grrr.... blacked out.

sage

Gthoma2a
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Okay, so when do we start playing like us? All of this time off is needed for exams, but it looks to be killing our rhythm right here. We have got to get back on track.

mattman91
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Anyone else see Coach in Hairston's grill just a minute ago?

mapei
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Wow, we look like crap so far.

JMarley50
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
They are being pretty scrappy and physical, that was probably to be expected. They are picking up a ton of fouls though, we just need to tighten things up on offense.

Yeah I was watching Ryan closely the past few plays. His guy is being really physical with him. He can't even run down the floor without getting bumped. It looked like he was starting to get a little frustrated with it. Should be interesting to keep an eye on.

Nothing dirty though, just hard-nosed physical basketball...

Gthoma2a
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I am not liking Tyler playing this much right now. He is fouling a lot and we aren't getting any offense with him. Great character guy, but I don't know how much we should commit to him as our pg yet.

1 24 90
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Wow, we look like crap so far.

I'm not sure it's that good.

NYBri
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Not liking what I'm hearing, but I'd like to know from those watching.

Sounds like they are cold. Is the passing crisp? Defense?

mapei
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I am not liking Tyler playing this much right now. He is fouling a lot and we aren't getting any offense with him. Great character guy, but I don't know how much we should commit to him as our pg yet.

I agree, but no one else is looking like a mainstay at pg either. :(

jipops
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Our lack quickness is really being exploited. UNCG seems to have a big quickness advantage.

77devil
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Coach K's blood pressure is spiking or he fell asleep in the tanning bed.

licc85
12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
This is UGLY . . . at this rate, we're going to have to make a mid-season switch to Austin Rivers as the point guard . . he's really the only guy who break a defense down on his own.

mattman91
12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Anyone like the idea of Rivers as the pg? I mean, just a thought.

I agree that Curry is much better fit for the 2 guard position, but at the same time Austin does not have the decision making abilities to run the point (at this point at least). Also, he really doesn't do a great job of distributing the rock.

licc85
12-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Anyone like the idea of Rivers as the pg? I mean, just a thought.

I agree that Curry is much better fit for the 2 guard position, but at the same time Austin does not have the decision making abilities to run the point (at this point at least). Also, he really doesn't do a great job of distributing the rock.

Are you kidding me? He a;ready does everything the point guard is supposed to do other than bring the ball up. I'm not sure on the exact figure, but I'd put money on the fact that probably at least 40% of our offense is run through him in the last few games. Seth is clearly better suited for a catch and shoot role. Austin has been doing a pretty decent job of finding the open guy when the drive is not there recently. I say just give him the ball and good things will happen. I think he can become something similar to what Nolan was for us last year (senior leadership excluded), and that's exactly what we need right now.

MartyClark
12-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I've got to say that I am just not very confident about this team. I'd like nothing more than to have all of you tell me how wrong I was at the end of the season but I think we really lack quickness and ball handling. Mason's problems at the foul line are just ridiculous. I want to be wrong, I'll admit that I'm wrong but I think this team lacks a cog or two that will be necessary for success.

Mike Corey
12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Don't give up on this team yet. It's an extremely long season, and the group is mentally deflated right now from exams and not having gotten "up" for a game in over a week.

MartyClark
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Don't give up on this team yet. It's an extremely long season, and the group is mentally deflated right now from exams and not having gotten "up" for a game in over a week.

i won't give up on them and hope you are right.

Gthoma2a
12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I am liking Quinn at the PG. He is staying in front of his man consistently without fouling, and he is able to lead a break on the other end. I think we would be smart to do this and use Gbinije when possible, too. Gbinije has played pretty good D and they are both able to score when necessary. If nothing else, the depth will make it easier to wear teams down.

Gthoma2a
12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Gbinije had a good find on that break, but Josh got a little out of control on the break. Once Josh gets used to playing in games, that would be nice. Good to see this work from Gbinije and COOK!!!

JBDuke
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
The Cook! The Cook! The Cook is on fire!!!

Gthoma2a
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
COOK has arrived. His defense is very good and his offense is much better than anybody else while playing the 1.

77devil
12-19-2011, 08:55 PM
COOK has arrived. His defense is very good and his offense is much better than anybody else while playing the 1.

Quinn making the case.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?26400-Quinn-Cook-start&highlight=cook

wilko
12-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Hes playing like he wants it..
Nice to get his O... Nice passes... CAN he hit a FT? If so Im sold..