PDA

View Full Version : MBB: (13) Kansas 78, (2) Ohio State 67

subzero02
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Two teams we recently squared off against meet in Allen fieldhouse on Saturday afternoon. We won't forget how our contests versus these teams ended anytime soon, how do you see their matchup tomorrow playing out? I look for Sullinger to dominate the paint and for high quality perimeter defense comparable to what we saw in our championship game against Butler(okay, maybe not quite that good). Prediction: OSU 75 Kansas 64

Newton_14
12-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Two teams we recently squared off against meet in Allen fieldhouse on Saturday afternoon. We won't forget how our contests versus these teams ended anytime soon, how do you see their matchup tomorrow playing out? I look for Sullinger to dominate the paint and for high quality perimeter defense comparable to what we saw in our championship game against Butler(okay, maybe not quite that good). Prediction: OSU 75 Kansas 64

Sullinger's not playing...

UrinalCake
12-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Well the natural thing to happen here would be for Kansas to blow out OSU, just to prove that the transitive property doesn't apply to basketball

TexHawk
12-09-2011, 09:46 PM

If we (KU) can get the ball in the paint and not turn the ball over consistently, I think it could be close. But it'll be Aaron "best perimeter defender in CBB" Craft guarding Tyshawn "11 turnovers, if we're lucky" Taylor. Not optimistic.

1 24 90
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Did you see this reported somewhere? I keep seeing he doesn't know.

Newton_14
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM

I heard it on sports radio today. Apparently he has back spasms like Andre. I actually hope he plays. Would be a great matchup. 3 good games tomorrow. Duke/Udub, OSU/KU, Indiana/UK.

Great day for hoops!

Newton_14
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM

Update! Per the link below, as of right now Sullinger expects to play! Told Matta today he feels great. Stinks for Kansas of course but with no dog in the fight I want to see both teams at full strength.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/319637-sullinger-dancing-in-advance-of-showdown?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a10

Bob Green
12-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Stinks for Kansas of course but with no dog in the fight I want to see both teams at full strength.

I realize this is narrow minded and juvenile, but so what it is the truth, I want Ohio State to put a bigger butt whooping on Kansas than they put on us.

uh_no
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I realize this is narrow minded and juvenile, but so what it is the truth, I want Ohio State to put a bigger butt whooping on Kansas than they put on us.

I wish quite the opposite....for OSU to show that they are not as good as they were when they played us....and that if we were to meet them again, we might hope that they would not be as strong.

moonpie23
12-10-2011, 12:27 AM

sorry bob, i wish for the opposite....i'd like to see osu go in there COMPLETELY over confident and get laid to waste...

Greg_Newton
12-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I wish quite the opposite....for OSU to show that they are not as good as they were when they played us....and that if we were to meet them again, we might hope that they would not be as strong.

Me too. If KU can beat them, then we'll at least know the disparity between us and tOSU isn't as great as that game indicated.

Mike Corey
12-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Me too. If KU can beat them, then we'll at least know the disparity between us and tOSU isn't as great as that game indicated.

Respectfully, I think we already know that the gap isn't as wide as the game suggested.

Besides, I want OSU to go undefeated until we beat them in the NCAA Tournament. :)

Bob Green
12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I wish quite the opposite....

sorry bob, i wish for the opposite....

Me too.

You guys are all closet Roy Williams fans. ;)

I want OSU to go undefeated until we beat them in the NCAA Tournament. :)

Bravo! Great minds think a like.

ThePublisher
12-10-2011, 11:12 AM
My gut says Kansas wins this one.

hurleyfor3
12-10-2011, 02:55 PM
As of four minutes ago, Sully is out.

Andy Katz (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7338493/ohio-state-buckeyes-jared-sullinger-back-face-kansas-jayhawks)

"The sophomore forward will miss his second straight game with back spasms."

Mike Corey
12-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Ravenel is in over his head. Robinson will tear him apart, unless OSU's help defense can step up in a way that it hasn't needed to in quite a while.

Mike Corey
12-10-2011, 03:28 PM
OSU has no offensive identity at the moment.

Craft needs to be steadying, and Buford needs to be the go-to player he's never been in Columbus.

OldSchool
12-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Even if Sullinger were playing, I would not be surprised if Kansas won. OSU is a very good team, but we made them look even better than they are by not being sharp defensively in that game.

jipops
12-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Buford shooting 1-7, Kansas shooting 65%. I hate it that Sully is out because I argued redundantly in the 11/29 OSU post game that the Buckeyes weren't nearly as good as they looked that night. It's UK and UNC, and everyone else is on some level below.

devildeac
12-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Buford shooting 1-7, Kansas shooting 65%. I hate it that Sully is out because I argued redundantly in the 11/29 OSU post game that the Buckeyes weren't nearly as good as they looked that night. It's UK and UNC, and everyone else is on some level below.

Care to add IU into that level now? (jk, sort of...;))

Duvall
12-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Care to add IU into that level now? (jk, sort of...;))

Why not? UNLV is already there.

roywhite
12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Why not? UNLV is already there.

And Long Beach State also?

Halftime:
LBSU 45
UNC 40

Newton_14
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM

Sorry Jipops, but can't agree here. I will take OSU over UNC and UK right now without question. I think what we have learned in this early season, is that there aren't any dominant teams. OSU, UK, and UNC are all good but certainly beatable. Kansas, Duke, and a few others are knocking on the door as well. Long season ahead...

subzero02
12-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Sorry Jipops, but can't agree here. I will take OSU over UNC and UK right now without question. I think what we have learned in this early season, is that there aren't any dominant teams. OSU, UK, and UNC are all good but certainly beatable. Kansas, Duke, and a few others are knocking on the door as well. Long season ahead...

I completely agree with you regarding the season thus far... We will see if separartion occurs during conference play.