PDA

View Full Version : The Andre Dawkins Back Vigil

RockyMtDevil
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Any word on Andre's status for Saturday? Did he practice yesterday?

MCFinARL
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
According to a tweet from Steve Wiseman of the Herald Sun,
"Andre Dawkins attended a team meeting today and was moving around well. But still uncertain if he will play Saturday vs. Washington. #duke"

@stevewisemanNC

subzero02
12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I hope he plays.... Dawkins' last game at MSG was quite stellar.

jv001
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I hope Dawkins Back Vigil doesn't end up like Kyrie's Toe Vigil. Hurry back Andre and GoDuke!

wilko
12-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I supposed this thread HAD to happen...

So I'll go ahead and skip to the next illogical progression - Is Andre going to redshirt because of his back?

ArkieDukie
12-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I supposed this thread HAD to happen...

So I'll go ahead and skip to the next illogical progression - Is Andre going to redshirt because of his back?

An excellent question, and I'll reply with tongue firmly in cheek: he should absolutely redshirt! We are loaded at Andre's position, and a redshirt year will give him the opportunity to enhance his game. With Rivers, Thornton, Curry, and Cook in the backcourt, we have a plethora of highly skilled guards, so Dre will have a difficult time working his way back into the rotation. He will have a much greater chance at getting more PT if he sits this year. Besides, he skipped a year of high school, so he needs additional time to mature.

Removing tongue from cheek: best wishes to Dawkins for a speedy recovery!

mkline09
12-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Dawkins shooting around and will play today in the Garden. So he will get to save that redshirt.

Cameron
12-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Dawkins shooting around and will play today in the Garden. So he will get to save that redshirt.

That's unfortunate. I was really hoping we could save Andre for 2029, so he could potentially play in the same backcourt as that embryo with the pressure defense we've been eyeing. That'd be 18 red shirts and five presidents, though, and probably against the rules.

Oh well.

I really hope Dre can get a couple of shots to go early. As we all know, he's often an "in the zone" variety of scorer and really feeds off of hot starts. Personally, I'd like to see a more concentrated effort to get the most pure long-range jumper artist in the land some clean looks.

Let's go Duke.

Dev11
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I really hope Dre can get a couple of shots to go early.

You got it

Cell-R
12-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I think this vigil is over.

Cameron
12-10-2011, 12:23 PM
You got it

Thank you, Andre. We've certainly needed it, too.

I don't think there is anything prettier in college basketball today than an Andre Dawkins shooting spell. Just beautiful.

ArkieDukie
12-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you, Andre. We've certainly needed it, too.

I don't think there is anything prettier in college basketball today than an Andre Dawkins shooting spell. Just beautiful.

Indeed, indeed. He was in the zone, and it was a beautiful thing to see.

MCFinARL
12-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I think this vigil is over.

Yes, can we agree that Andre's back is back?

Dukeface88
12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, can we agree that Andre's back is back?

Are really going back to this? I toetally thought we had put the bad puns behind us.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Are really going back to this? I toetally thought we had put the bad puns behind us.

My goodness I hope so. I was certain all the bad puns were in the rear view mirror, butt I appear to be mistaken.

gep
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Unless we have to come back to this, should this thread be closed?:confused: