PDA

View Full Version : MBB: (9) UConn 67, (24) Harvard 53

subzero02
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
For those of you who have seen the Crimson play this year, do you think they can pull off the upset? I have not seen them this year and have only watched UCONN once.

roywhite
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
For those of you who have seen the Crimson play this year, do you think they can pull off the upset? I have not seen them this year and have only watched UCONN once.

I've seen enough to believe it will be no mismatch. If Harvard can beat Florida State, they can certainly compete against UConn.

Watched parts of Harvard's semifinal and final games in the Bahamas. They've got size and athletic ability, play good defense.
My guess is UConn wins by 5 or 6 points; Harvard win very possible.

CameronBornAndBred
12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I've seen enough to believe it will be no mismatch. If Harvard can beat Florida State, they can certainly compete against UConn.

Watched parts of Harvard's semifinal and final games in the Bahamas. They've got size and athletic ability, play good defense.
My guess is UConn wins by 5 or 6 points; Harvard win very possible.
I hope Tommy takes them down, but I think if they do as RW says they can it will be worth noting. Going into hostile territory and walking away in defeat, yet after a good battle is nothing to be ashamed of. One of the great things going for the Crimson is they won't suffer a "deer in the headlights" effect; they have gone into away games against the big boys plenty of times before and come out with either a victory or close loss, so it won't be a new experience for them.

chrishoke
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Go Tommy! Slay Goliath!

CDu
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Can they pull of the upset? Sure. They defend and rebound, and they beat an FSU team that gave UConn a very tough test in the Bahamas. UConn has not looked like a juggernaut yet this year, and are certainly beatable right now. Will they pull off the upset? Doubtful.

DukieInBrasil
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Can they pull of the upset? Sure. They defend and rebound, and they beat an FSU team that gave UConn a very tough test in the Bahamas. UConn has not looked like a juggernaut yet this year, and are certainly beatable right now. Will they pull off the upset? Doubtful.
Well, if it were probable, Hahvahd would probably be ranked higher than the (u)Cons, right? :p

MCFinARL
12-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Let's go Crimson! As they say in Cambridge, illegitimum non carborundum! :D

Mike Corey
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Go Harvard, beat the dUNCe of the North.

DukieInBrasil
12-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Stars did not align right. Hahvahd goes down, by 13. (u)Cons win

uh_no
12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Stars did not align right. Hahvahd goes down, by 13. (u)Cons win

UC made some defensive changes at halftime and were a bit better not losing their guys on defense.....credit harvard for some really good defense, but i think uconn just had too many weapons for them...harvard is still a really good team, and drummond was able to break out a bit now that the mask is off

Faison1
12-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Can someone remind me what the big dust-up was about with the NYTimes, Harvard, and Amaker?