PDA

View Full Version : Lance Thomas invited to camp with the Hornets

94duke
12-08-2011, 01:56 PM
according to seth's twitter 1 hr ago.
http://twitter.com/sdotcurry
I haven't found any news articles to confirm it.

MCFinARL
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Seth's tweet was a retweet from a source called Hoops Hype; no idea how reliable it is. But that would be great news, so I hope it's right!

CDu
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM

I think the Hornets have only 6 players under contract, so they will need bodies to to fill out camp. Hopefully Thomas can do enough to land a gig with the team.

-bdbd
12-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I think the Hornets have only 6 players under contract, so they will need bodies to to fill out camp. Hopefully Thomas can do enough to land a gig with the team.

Michael Jordan secretly loves Dukies.....

;)

CDu
12-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Michael Jordan secretly loves Dukies.....

;)

Not sure I follow. The Hornets are in New Orleans. Jordan owns the Bobcats.

hurleyfor3
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
He who camp with hornets, wake up with swollen face.

Oriole Way
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats to Lance. Glad the hard work has paid off for a great opportunity.

juise
12-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Well, the Bobcats also ~1/29th own the Hornets. Duh. ;)

Steven43
12-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Lance Thomas, one of the unsung heroes of the 2010 national championship team. I wish him well.

-bdbd
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM

Oops! Sorry, I lived in Charlotte and attended many games when the Hornets resided there. I will forever think "Charlotte" when I hear "Hornets." My apologies. :o

- BD- "And will always think 'scoundrel' when I hear 'George Shinn...' " - BD
;)

SupaDave
12-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Oops! Sorry, I lived in Charlotte and attended many games when the Hornets resided there. I will forever think "Charlotte" when I hear "Hornets." My apologies. :o

- BD- "And will always think 'scoundrel' when I hear 'George Shinn...' " - BD
;)

And I will forever think of Kelly Tripucka!!

R.I.P. to Bobby Phills!

Alonzo skipped town!

Grandmama was a SUPER STAR!

Master P got an NBA tryout!

Yeah - I remember those Hornets...

But these Hornets could very well use a hustler and a scrapper - especially since it seems like CP3 will be around one more year.

killerleft
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
And I will forever think of Kelly Tripucka!!

R.I.P. to Bobby Phills!

Alonzo skipped town!

Grandmama was a SUPER STAR!

Master P got an NBA tryout!

Yeah - I remember those Hornets...

But these Hornets could very well use a hustler and a scrapper - especially since it seems like CP3 will be around one more year.

I remember that stuff, too. But, IIRC, Alonzo kept waiting for a halfway fair offer to stay in Charlotte - and never got one.

Jim3k
12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Lance reported to the Hornets camp this afternoon. He is one of 9 free agents the Hornets invited.

This link from NOLA lists the players. (http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/hornets-gm-trade-talks-resume-for-chris/0abfc5b35c3e48998f5ee1ce111c595e) Scroll to last graf. Rest of the article is about Chris Paul confusion.

moonpie23
12-10-2011, 09:55 AM
is anyone connected enough to get an update on how he does for his tryouts? are they public?

Dev11
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
It might be a gigantic crime for the NBA/Dan Gilbert to be blocking the CP trade to the Lakers, but as long as it stays blocked, Lance's chances of making the team increase significantly. The version of the trade that the Lakers agreed to would have filled most of the Hornets' roster, including a few pretty good front court players.

You know, if you care about the NBA from a solely Duke-centric position.

Oriole Way
12-10-2011, 04:50 PM
It might be a gigantic crime for the NBA/Dan Gilbert to be blocking the CP trade to the Lakers, but as long as it stays blocked, Lance's chances of making the team increase significantly. The version of the trade that the Lakers agreed to would have filled most of the Hornets' roster, including a few pretty good front court players.

You know, if you care about the NBA from a solely Duke-centric position.

I think the trade will still happen.

I agree it would make it tougher for Lance to make the team, but Lance is going to come off the bench either way, and since the Hornets are losing David West and the forwards they'd be getting back would be starters, I'm not so sure that Lance's chances would be hurt too much.