PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Kentucky 72, Duke 65

wandalee
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
The women play at Kentucky tonight at 6 EST. The game will be shown live on ESPN3.com. Fox SportsSouth will show it on tape delay at 10 pm

rasputin
12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
The women play at Kentucky tonight at 6 EST. The game will be shown live on ESPN3.com. Fox SportsSouth will show it on tape delay at 10 pm

Does the "WBB" in the thread title refer to women's barbeque?

killerleft
12-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Does the "WBB" in the thread title refer to women's barbeque?

I don't know, but anytime a Wildcat gets cooked, I'm all for it!:D

sagegrouse
12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Women lose their second. Here's the link (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205344324&DB_OEM_ID=4200). Lots of TOs for Duke -- 24.

sage

uh_no
12-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Women lose their second. Here's the link (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205344324&DB_OEM_ID=4200). Lots of TOs for Duke -- 24.

sage

wow...that's a ton of turnovers. DId anyone see the game who can provide anymore insight? either way, these couple of losses do not bode well for duke this year with baylor and connecticut currently blowing the pants off everyone they play (should be an amazing game between them next week)

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I think this team needs another year.

Newton_14
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM
wow...that's a ton of turnovers. DId anyone see the game who can provide anymore insight? either way, these couple of losses do not bode well for duke this year with baylor and connecticut currently blowing the pants off everyone they play (should be an amazing game between them next week)

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I think this team needs another year.

I think this could possibly be one of those teams where the old adage "Better beat them early on" applies. Their is a wealth of young talent on this team. As they grow and develop as a team, the could gel into a very good team by Feb/Mar. I watched several of them play in the Summer League at Central and the talent is undeniable. The women's games "at THE Summer League" as the crazy announcer at Central loves to say (Gosh I love that dude! Hilarious guy), are actually better to watch than many of the men's games. Unlike the fella's, the women play hard start to finish, playing real in your face defense, and using normal offensive sets. If you have never checked them out at Central, it is worth the ride over.

Anyway, this team will take a few lumps along the way but I do feel they will end up a strong team. As you noted, next year may be the real payoff though.

uh_no
12-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I think this could possibly be one of those teams where the old adage "Better beat them early on" applies. Their is a wealth of young talent on this team. As they grow and develop as a team, the could gel into a very good team by Feb/Mar. I watched several of them play in the Summer League at Central and the talent is undeniable. The women's games "at THE Summer League" as the crazy announcer at Central loves to say (Gosh I love that dude! Hilarious guy), are actually better to watch than many of the men's games. Unlike the fella's, the women play hard start to finish, playing real in your face defense, and using normal offensive sets. If you have never checked them out at Central, it is worth the ride over.

Anyway, this team will take a few lumps along the way but I do feel they will end up a strong team. As you noted, next year may be the real payoff though.

Watching the game, they're not even playing that poorly...they played a pretty decent first half.....just got owned by the pressure mostly....and that's something they'll most certainly need to work on if they want a shot at uconn next month (note what uconn did to A&M with pressure on tuesday).

Anywho, they gave up 41 points in the second half.....wowza....there were several times in the first half where their own press got broken with devastating results. I wonder if that's what we will see more of in the second half.