PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Colorado State (Dec 7, 2011)

JBDuke
12-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 87-64 win over Colorado State?

JBDuke
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
i think we're missing the poll here!

but mason

Apparently, you've never posted a poll before. The software has you create the post in the first step, and then add the poll in the second. It takes a couple of minutes between steps, during which the thread appears, but does not have the poll attached. I can't type but so fast! :-)

uh_no
12-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Apparently, you've never posted a poll before. The software has you create the post in the first step, and then add the poll in the second. It takes a couple of minutes between steps, during which the thread appears, but does not have the poll attached. I can't type but so fast! :-)

have created polls....just didn't realize the post appears before the poll

caught my mistake quickly though :P

mapei
12-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I voted for Andre, because he was having a great game before he got hurt. But that was a sympathy vote. If I had been unemotional, I would have voted for Austin.

CLW
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Rivers. Unless/until MP2 can get to 60% from the free throw line he is going to kill us in a close/tight game. We are going to need Mason on the floor at the end of games in March and 2/6 just won't cut it.

lotusland
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Voted for AR. Mason had a solid game but each free-throw he shot looked worse than the one before and he got beat inside for several layups. Dre missed most of the game and no one else deserved consideration.

jipops
12-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm actually going with Seth. He didn't shoot well but he had his best floor game by far as a Blue Devil. He was a true pg tonight setting up the offense and getting 8 assists. He was also the only one consistent on the defensive end of the floor tonight, constantly disrupting the perimeter and initiating almost all of our transition. I don't care that he was 2-8 from the floor. He was MOTM as far as I'm concerned.

CDu
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm actually going with Seth. He didn't shoot well but he had his best floor game by far as a Blue Devil. He was a true pg tonight setting up the offense and getting 8 assists. He was also the only one consistent on the defensive end of the floor tonight, constantly disrupting the perimeter and initiating almost all of our transition. I don't care that he was 2-8 from the floor. He was MOTM as far as I'm concerned.

I also went with Curry, for basically the same reasons. I felt he was our best option at PG tonight, and he was a presence everywhere but shooting. I'll say that it could have been any number of guys though, which is typical of a 20+ point game.

Bob Green
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I voted for Andre Dawkins because he set the tone for the game early with solid defense and he was on fire on offense. Hopefully he is okay because we are going to need him at full strength to counter the size and talent of Washington's perimeter. However, I desire to reiterate, Dawkins' defense earned my vote tonight!

-bdbd
12-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Mason.

Really nice to see Duke's blossoming post game! That will be important as the season progresses.

Now, about that free-throw shooting....
Mark my words, if it doesn't improve it is going to cost us games!

Jim3k
12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I wanted to vote for the Big Fella named MPlumlee. He had 28 points, 11 of 13 from the floor. Shot well with both hands, too, and had very good post moves. Plus he had 15 rebounds; even played 44 minutes. Hard to do in a 40 minute game. Devastating on defense as well with those 8 blocks and jamming the middle.

Unfortunately, I didn't see that choice on the poll (and the box score wants to treat him as if he were two people. Go figure).

OldPhiKap
12-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Dre had a great first half and gave us the separation we needed.

Hope he is fine.

Bigs all looked good, but we were playing a pretty small team.

meloveduke
12-08-2011, 07:03 AM
I went with mason.

Dre most likely would have been MOTM if he didnt go down. I just hope he plays this way in all his games, if he can then no dought he should start.......

HCheek37
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
If we could mold the elder Plumlee's into one player - 11-13 fg, 6-8 ft, 15 reb, 3 ast 4 steal 8 blocks 1 turnover. Not bad.

Overall a nice rebound game from the debacle in Columbus. Hopefully Andre feels ok this morning.

Kedsy
12-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I voted for Andre because of how well he reacted to getting benched. He could have sulked, but instead he showed a great deal of energy and was our best player out there while he played. I hope he bounces back quickly from the back spasms and has another great game against Washington.

sagegrouse
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I voted for Andre because of how well he reacted to getting benched. He could have sulked, but instead he showed a great deal of energy and was our best player out there while he played. I hope he bounces back quickly from the back spasms and has another great game against Washington.

You know, I keep voting for Mason and Ryan and Andre as the MOTM, but Austin Rivers is turning out to be a heckuva player. Much better than I expected.

sage

COYS
12-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I almost went with Austin, but Mason did what he needed to do: dominate. He's making quick decisions in the post. He's becoming a better post defender. And he's become a consistent double-double threat. Now if only he could learn to hedge better on screens and hit his free throws!

COYS
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
I almost went with Austin, but Mason did what he needed to do: dominate. He's making quick decisions in the post. He's becoming a better post defender. And he's become a consistent double-double threat. Now if only he could learn to hedge better on screens and hit his free throws!

Ok, I just looked this up. Mason's free throw rate is an astronomically high 76.4%, good for the number 1 spot in the ACC. Man oh man would he be a points machine if he could just become a bit more respectable in this area.

sagegrouse
12-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok, I just looked this up. Mason's free throw rate is an astronomically high 76.4%, good for the number 1 spot in the ACC. Man oh man would he be a points machine if he could just become a bit more respectable in this area.

Sorry, you lost me. -- sage

-jk
12-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Sorry, you lost me. -- sage

I think he's referring to free throws attempted vs. field goals attempted. (Obviously not FT%) A measure of getting to the line.

-jk

COYS
12-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I think he's referring to free throws attempted vs. field goals attempted. (Obviously not FT%) A measure of getting to the line.

-jk

Yes, that is what I meant. I apologize for not being more specific. I also meant to include this link. (http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/duke/mason-plumlee)

ACCBBallFan
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I gave a slight edge to Austin over Mason due to his +19 +/- versus Mason's +8. Tyler also had +19.

On pure metrics, sum of all positive stats minus TO - F, Mason had the edge 59 - 49.

Had Dre not had the back spasms he was on track to lead everybody.

Metrics +/- Sum Duke Blue Devils

49 19 68 Austin Rivers, G

59 08 67 Mason Plumlee, F

38 19 57 Tyler Thornton, G

40 14 54 Seth Curry, G

40 12 52 Miles Plumlee, F

29 13 42 Ryan Kelly, F

27 09 36 Andre Dawkins, G

18 14 32 Josh Hairston, F

23 03 26 Quinn Cook, G

12 04 16 Michael Gbinije, G-F

tele
12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
After much consideration, I voted for Seth. 8 assists may be a career high, and the team as a whole had 21 assists on 31 made field goals, also a season high I think. This looks promising for next games, maybe there was some focus placed on this, as well as defense, after the osu game. Andre stepped up his game too. Nice to see Tyler get a start too...