PDA

View Full Version : Sick dunk from former devil Olek Czyz

timmy c
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Not sure if this has been posted but it's worth a look. It's a monster dunk from former player, Olek Czyz.

http://youtu.be/n9TIHmZGy90

Enjoy!

moonpie23
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
nice....he looks like he leaned out some.....body-wise

DukieInBrasil
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
looks alot like that break-away reverse slam that Miles had earlier this year, vs. Davidson(?).

roywhite
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
thanks for the video

Looked up the stats for Olek and Carrick Felix out of curiosity

Olek averaging 9.6 points and 5.9 rebounds so far this year; averaged 12.3 point/game last year

Felix at 11.7 points and 5.0 rebounds this year for Arizona State.

Both have had moderate success, it appears.
No real regrets that they moved on and hope they do well.
Okay...one "what-if".....could Felix have helped us on defense against Arizona in the tournament last year?
Probably not, that was an other-world type performance from the Wildcats.

BlueDevilCorvette!
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Slick video. At first I thought he got away with a traveling violation but in reality he just took two tremendous strides starting at the 3 point line! Hence that was a nice explosive dunk!

feldspar
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
At first I thought he got away with a traveling violation

That's because he did.

jafarr1
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
When your first step after picking up your dribble is outside the three-point line, odds are good it's a travel...

OldPhiKap
11-29-2011, 11:54 AM
That's because he did.

Are you Jay Bilas?

(okay, bad joke)

dolver
11-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I can see them not calling the travel. But the carry is the part that stands out to me. When he reaches out to grab the ball before his final dribble, his palm is facing the ceiling!

Mal
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Here it is in full speed. Doesn't look quite as epic as in slo-mo. Looks like he didn't carry, since the ball was poked away in the frontcourt on the other end and he chased it down, took the one dribble off a loose ball and dunked. Definitely walked, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAhTgvH4Sw&feature=related

Zeke
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Sure looked like a travel to me. Everyone carries the ball now days.

mkline09
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I think the slo-mo speed of the video made it longer than his actually cummulative playing time at Duke.

But in all seriousness I'm glad he is getting to play at Nevada, seems like a good fit for him to go home. Best of luck.

cascadedevil
11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
He pulls off that steal and dunk at home and everyone in the stands look like they are falling asleep. We really take Cameron and the Crazies for granted sometimes.

feldspar
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Are you Jay Bilas?

(okay, bad joke)

:) Well played sir.

BlueDevilCorvette!
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
That's because he did.

Oh you're right....my bad... I was thinking that was a Psycho T highlight in which case it wouldn't have been a traveling violation :D

superdave
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
After watching Jimmy Graham play tight end last night for the Saints, I'm convinced all basketball players who are large, have a great leaping ability but lesser basketball ability should go play tight end. Olek falls into the category.

juise
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I wonder where Olek learned how to get into the passing lanes like that. :)

He pulls off that steal and dunk at home and everyone in the stands look like they are falling asleep. We really take Cameron and the Crazies for granted sometimes.

Yeah, it was pretty obscene how muted the reaction was. You can see Olek raising his arms up, trying to get the crowd up and maybe one person stood up that was in the view of the TV camera. Slight difference in atmosphere from his previous home court.

Mal
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
After watching Jimmy Graham play tight end last night for the Saints, I'm convinced all basketball players who are large, have a great leaping ability but lesser basketball ability should go play tight end. Olek falls into the category.

Seriously. Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez agree wholeheartedly. I'm almost shocked Rob Gronkowski didn't play college hoops. I'd say any collegiate forward who's got a little heft and can run, regardless of his basketball ability (unless an NBA prospect) should be getting in touch with any QB he can find on campus.

jimsumner
11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
As I said in a CTC thread, it's a lot less impressive when you don't have to dribble and no one is guarding you.

But pluses for the D.

Speaking of hoopsters becoming tight ends, the Dallas Cowboys gave Mike Tissaw a try-out back in the day. Didn't work. Kid needed hand transplants.

Newton_14
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
That's because he did.

Yep. Took 3 steps after picking up the dribble. Clearly a walk in my view.

captmojo
11-30-2011, 04:02 PM
I only see two steps...but that's a violation.

Mike Corey
11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm glad to see Olek finally diversified his game to include the dunk.

*ducks*

But seriously folks, it's good to see all twelve fans enjoying the Olek show. They look very entertained.

Sorry. It's post-OSU and I'm still displacing.

BobbyFan
11-30-2011, 06:24 PM
I didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I'm guessing it ends with a dunk.

captmojo
12-01-2011, 06:16 AM
I only see two steps...but that's a violation.

BTW, I was entertained. ;)

Steven43
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=Mike Corey;533009]I'm glad to see Olek finally diversified his game to include the dunk.
I laughed out loud at that comment. Hilarious.

Seriously, though, I would like to see Olek become a good player. I initially had high expectations for him at Duke; he never really got a chance to prove himself in games. I felt the same way about Pocius, too. Perhaps they are both among the very very large group of players who exhibit certain particularly stellar skills, but don't really have enough overall game to make it at the level of a top program like Duke. Who knows?

1 24 90
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Friday night at 11 p.m. on ESPNU features Washington at Nevada for anyone who wants to watch Olek and/or get a glimpse of Washington before Duke plays them 12/10.

JasonEvans
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I'm guessing it ends with a dunk.

Ok, this was hysterical. Very well played, BobbyFan!

-Jason