PDA

View Full Version : ACC - Big 10 Challenge

NYC Duke Fan
11-23-2011, 04:20 AM
I think that it is great that we are playing Ohio State in Columbus in the ACC-Big 10 challenge especially so early in the year. We will be underdogs and as long as we don't get blown out, a loss there will not be terrible. I think that it will be an excellent experience.

My question, however, is that I thought that they want to pair the best teams to face one another, and then the second best, etc., etc., and if that is the case how come UNC is not playing Ohio State and Duke playing Wisconsin?

MCFinARL
11-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I thought I remembered some discussion of this from last spring, and I found a thread on it here: http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?25502-Roy-not-getting-much-love-from-the-Big-10&highlight=challenge
According to this discussion, both UNC and Ohio State were entitled to home games in the challenge this year; thus the match ups with Wisconsin and Duke. This sounds like a reasonable explanation. But I am relying on the previous thread, don't have any independent confirmation that it's right.

slower
11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
UNC playing Wisconsin could actually be a good thing. Wisconsin may just rough them up a little (Wisconsin may be my second least-favorite team. I actually like Roy more than I like Bo Ryan. The guy irritates the crap out of me.). Whereas we really have nothing to lose against OSU, a UNC loss to Wisconsin may just get in their heads. Not saying they will lose to Wisconsin, but you never know. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I still view UNC as an emotionally fragile team. Granted, I haven't seen them play this year and may be totally misreading their toughness.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Next week Duke could go to 3-0 vs the top of the Big Ten... Not a bad start to the season!

Devilsfan
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
It has been rumored that tOSU will introduce their new high profile FB coach at halftime of next Tuesday's ACC/Big 10? Challenge.

NYC Duke Fan
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
It has been rumored that tOSU will introduce their new high profile FB coach at halftime of next Tuesday's ACC/Big 10? Challenge.

As long as Urban Meyer can't make 3s, it won't have any effect on the game.

arnie
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM

And I don't think Butch Davis rebounds that well either.