PDA

View Full Version : MSoc: Duke v. New Mexico Live Video

burnspbesq
11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.golobos.com/allaccess/

burnspbesq
11-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Nick Palodichuk got in behind the NM defense in the 51st minute and slotted it just inside the far post.

burnspbesq
11-20-2011, 10:43 PM
About 10 minutes to go.

burnspbesq
11-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Seven minutes left in regulation

burnspbesq
11-20-2011, 11:14 PM
The inexplicable sending-off of Chris Tweed-Kent comes back to haunt the Devils.

Congrats to the team and staff on a fine season.

Son of Jarhead
11-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Men, playing a man down, lost in OT. ...Great season, guys!

chrishoke
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
That red card saved New Mexico's season - still undefeated. Hard wasy to lose.

Jim3k
11-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Any word yet on what the red card was for? Playing a man down led to both goals and the loss.

Hate to think that Tweed-Kent didn't get value for his infraction. Hope he doesn't feel too bad.

Greg_Newton
11-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Any word yet on what the red card was for? Playing a man down led to both goals and the loss.

Hate to think that Tweed-Kent didn't get value for his infraction. Hope he doesn't feel too bad.

On the grainy feed, it looked like it was a yellow that turned into a red. I don't know how the NCAA rules work, can a yellow turn into a red in-game if you've piled up enough cards in previous games or something?

Anyway, he went in hard for a 50/50 header and knocked the other player down, and may have had his arm up - certainly a foul, and maybe a yellow card. Not sure what could have pushed it to red though, as even the *very* partisan NMU commentator thought it was inexplicable.

Jim3k
11-21-2011, 04:38 AM
On the grainy feed, it looked like it was a yellow that turned into a red. I don't know how the NCAA rules work, can a yellow turn into a red in-game if you've piled up enough cards in previous games or something?

Anyway, he went in hard for a 50/50 header and knocked the other player down, and may have had his arm up - certainly a foul, and maybe a yellow card. Not sure what could have pushed it to red though, as even the *very* partisan NMU commentator thought it was inexplicable.

Agree on the grainy feed. The announcer and the feed were from UNM, so I don't fault him for being partisan.

The box-score shows Tweed-Kent got both a yellow card and a red card. (http://www.ncaa.com/game/soccer-men/d1/2011/11/20/duke-new-mexico#recap) In my (limited) reffing experience (youth soccer 20 years ago), two yellows in the same game equaled a red. I think that's still true at all levels of play. So I suspect that's what happened.

Still, the 50/50 did not impress me or the partisan announcer as being much of a penalty, if that. I think it could simply have resulted in a free kick at worst. But that video feed was pretty rough; not very helpful to a web viewer. The ref would have had a far better perspective.

burnspbesq
11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
No explanation for the red card in the game story in today's ABQ Journal.

devildeac
11-21-2011, 10:29 AM
The short report in the Raleigh N&O today said it was his 2nd yellow card of the match, so it becomes a "red" at that point. I did not watch the match so I do not know if the report of the earlier yellow card is accurate. I also do not know if the NCAA men's/women's soccer tourneys have "aggregate" yellow cards as the World Cup does. But still, I don't think you are "ejected" from a World Cup match for accumulating too many yellows. I thought the suspension became effective in match/es going forward. Any folks familiar with the rules for FIFA tournaments care to clarify? Must have been an acc futbol ref if the call was that outrageously incorrect to "warrant" an ejection.

burnspbesq
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Box score shows a yellow to Tweed-Kent in the 55th minute. If that's correct, then he was properly sent off for a second yellow, but I'll be damned if I remember the first one.

devildeac
11-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Box score shows a yellow to Tweed-Kent in the 55th minute. If that's correct, then he was properly sent off for a second yellow, but I'll be damned if I remember the first one.

Could have been a double-secret-probation yellow. (jk)