PDA

View Full Version : FB: Iowa State 37, Okie St 31 (OT)

Greg_Newton
11-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Just a heads up!

Greg_Newton
11-18-2011, 11:50 PM
1st-and-goal for ISU, needs only a FG to win it!

Channing
11-18-2011, 11:53 PM
wow - once it went to OT I thought for sure OSU would win. What a game!

davekay1971
11-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Bouquets of flowers arrived at the Iowa State football offices this morning from Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma. So, once again, the BCS goes BOOM. If LSU wins out, they're deservedly in. But against who? Oregon, who they beat handily on September 3? Alabama who they narrowly beat in Tuscaloosa? Oklahoma, assuming Oklahoma beats Ok St? How about Ok St, if they beat Oklahoma?

Oh well, we all know college football needs SOME kind of playoff. 4 teams, 8 teams, whatever, it would be better than we have now. Personally, I hope LSU narrowly loses to Arkansas, and Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma all win out. But then, I cheer for BCS chaos every year.

mkline09
11-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey if Iowa State can beat OSU, can't Duke beat Georgia Tech?

Channing
11-19-2011, 11:18 AM
I think OU was actually pulling for OSU, as they would have preferred to play as strong an OSU team as possible.

Wander
11-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Check out the SEC vs Southern Conference scores. Florida only up on Furman by 5, Alabama over Georgia Southern by 10, Auburn over Samford by 8. Crazy.

devildeac
11-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey if Iowa State can beat OSU, can't Duke beat Georgia Tech?

Nope:(:mad:.

Greg_Newton
11-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Wow, now not only has #2 OSU gone down this week, #4 Oregon just lost to USC, #7 Clemson lost to NCSU and #5 Oklahoma is down in the 4th to quarter Baylor. If Baylor holds on, this would mean no non-SEC teams in the top 7 won their games this week.

Down with the BCS!

uh_no
11-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Wow, now not only has #2 OSU gone down this week, #4 Oregon just lost to USC, #7 Clemson lost to NCSU and #5 Oklahoma is down in the 4th to quarter Baylor. If Baylor holds on, this would mean no non-SEC teams in the top 7 won their games this week.

Down with the BCS!

oregon was probably in line for the title shot if they won out too.....now i gotta think its okst again....because i don't think they will have an sec-sec matchup....just because 2 conferences=more viewers

Greg_Newton
11-19-2011, 11:59 PM
oregon was probably in line for the title shot if they won out too.....now i gotta think its okst again....because i don't think they will have an sec-sec matchup....just because 2 conferences=more viewers

Heck, VT might have a better shot after a week 11 loss to Iowa State.

But WOW, WHAT A FINISH to Baylor-Oklahoma! What a crazy day of football, period.

dukelifer
11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Heck, VT might have a better shot after a week 11 loss to Iowa State.

But WOW, WHAT A FINISH to Baylor-Oklahoma! What a crazy day of football, period.

Great game- somethings are just meant to be. The time out by OK on Baylor's final drive changed everything.