PDA

View Full Version : Game times for Nov 19

jimsumner
11-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Thursday, Nov. 17

North Carolina at Virginia Tech, ESPN, 8 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 19

Georgia Tech at Duke, ACC Network$, 12:30 p.m.

Maryland at Wake Forest, RSN#, 3 p.m.

Miami at South Florida, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Clemson at NC State, ABC/ESPN*, 3:30 p.m.

Boston College at Notre Dame, NBC, 4 p.m. (previously announced)

Virginia at Florida State, ESPN2, 7:30 p.m.

Wander
11-13-2011, 02:59 PM
For those with conference pride, the ACC has a chance to have a really awesome championship game for the first time. Root for Clemson and Virginia Tech to win out, and we have a top 10 matchup (it's a ridiculous longshot, but Clemson still has a tiny chance of making the BCS title game).

Bob Green
11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
...(it's a ridiculous longshot, but Clemson still has a tiny chance of making the BCS title game).

I'll take the snowballs in Hell...

Wander
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I know I know, but we can construct some crazy scenario. Arkansas loses to LSU, Oregon loses in the Pac-12 championship game, Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State, Oklahoma State somehow gets upset at Iowa State, and all the pollsters decide they don't want an LSU-Alabama rematch. Or Arkansas upsets LSU, then Georgia upsets the SEC west winner in the SEC championship game. Oh, and Clemson wins out!

Don't lose hope!

jimsumner
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I know I know, but we can construct some crazy scenario. Arkansas loses to LSU, Oregon loses in the Pac-12 championship game, Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State, Oklahoma State somehow gets upset at Iowa State, and all the pollsters decide they don't want an LSU-Alabama rematch. Or Arkansas upsets LSU, then Georgia upsets the SEC west winner in the SEC championship game. Oh, and Clemson wins out!

Don't lose hope!

Well, it's possible, I suppose.

I'm holding out for Duke winning three of its last two games. About as likely.:)

Wander
11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I wasn't too far off - if Clemson had beaten NC State, they would have jumped right into the BCS championship mix. Ugh.

However, Virginia Tech is currently the highest non-SEC team in the Coaches Poll. While I don't really think they deserve it, they're now in the championship hunt. Here's how it happens:

LSU beats Arkansas
Auburn beats Alabama (or voters decide they don't want a rematch)
Virginia Tech beats UVA and Clemson
Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State

That's a lot to ask for, but it's much closer than where we were last week.