PDA

View Full Version : Nov 15th Help (getting to game)

PADukeMom
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
My son surprised me with tickets for the Nov 15th game. Question: I don't want to have to drive & park in the city. Does anyone know anything about either taking the ferry across or perhaps a Park & Ride?
TIA

nocilla
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
IIRC, MSG is within walking distance of Grand Central.

hurleyfor3
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Madison Square Garden is right above (NYC) Penn Station. If you're coming from Jersey, you can get to NYC Penn Station from Newark Penn Station via PATH. If you're coming from Philly, Amtrak runs all the way to NYC Penn; my sister took this train all the time.

dyedwab
11-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Madison Square Garden is right above (NYC) Penn Station. If you're coming from Jersey, you can get to NYC Penn Station from Newark Penn Station via PATH. If you're coming from Philly, Amtrak runs all the way to NYC Penn; my sister took this train all the time.

Or from Hoboken via the Path (more direct). and there are trains (NJ Transit/Amtrak) that go from Newark Penn Station to New York Penn Station.

also, if you are coming from Philly, Amtrak can work.

nocilla
11-07-2011, 03:03 PM

That's right, it was Penn Station and not Grand Central. Either way, I wouldn't recommend driving in.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
My son surprised me with tickets for the Nov 15th game. Question: I don't want to have to drive & park in the city. Does anyone know anything about either taking the ferry across or perhaps a Park & Ride?
TIA
Park your car at the Secaucus Junction exit on the NJ Turnpike exit 15X and take the train in from there to Penn Station. MSG is upstairs! :cool: The parking lot is huge, and much cheaper (and safer!) than driving and parking in the City. It's about a 15 - 20 minute train ride to Penn Station. I've done this several times when going up for the games in December.

J4Kop99
11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Where are you coming from, if you don't mind me asking? Train to NY Penn is by far the easiest option if possible. You literally walk up the stairs and then you are in the MSG lobby.

ChillinDuke
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
As others have said already, train is best. But if a bus is more your style, you can take one to Port Authority Bus Terminal which is just west of Times Square on 42nd St. You can walk south to MSG on 34th St. or take the A, C, or E (blue) subway downtown one stop to Penn Station / MSG.

See you there!

- Chillin

PADukeMom
11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Where are you coming from, if you don't mind me asking? Train to NY Penn is by far the easiest option if possible. You literally walk up the stairs and then you are in the MSG lobby.

I am coming in from NE Pennsylvania, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. Next Tuesday...yea!