PDA

View Full Version : FB: Duke vs UVA: 11/12

devildeac
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Let's put the (fill in your own descriptive word/s here) Miami experience behind us and start chatting about UVA.

mkline09
11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Fine by me. Virginia concerns me just for the fact they look to be a better team than the last three years, they are playing at home and as strange as it is to say this, are due for a win against Duke. It is going to take a much better effort than what we saw this past Saturday to beat Virginia. Should be a close game that might not be decided until the final few minutes.

uh_no
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Let's put the (fill in your own descriptive word/s here) Miami experience behind us and start chatting about UVA.

over under on the number of plays during our first offensive drive: 3.5

sarcasm aside, will the coaches actually make the changes they preach to the media this time? or will they just be empty words.....I hope cut gets asked some tough questions by the media this week.....namely about the qb selection and how it failed miserably this week (penalties and all)

about how the play calling to start the game almost always results in a 3-out and we end up behind early

about why after he has said things would change SEVERAL times this season, nothing seems to have changed

duke09hms
11-06-2011, 06:50 PM
over under on the number of plays during our first offensive drive: 3.5

This would be funny if it weren't true.

Bob Green
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Vegas odds open with Duke a 8.5 points underdog:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Seeing as how we played against Miami and Florida State, this makes sense. But based on our performances against Virginia Tech and Miami, the number seems large to me. We have defeated Virginia three years in a row and the Cavaliers have looked very vulnerable at times this season such as against Idaho. I guess the question is which Duke defense shows-up? The second question is will Duke's offense make an appearance. The team has their back against the wall so this would be a great time to start another three game winning streak.

uh_no
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Vegas odds open with Duke a 8.5 points underdog:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Seeing as how we played against Miami and Florida State, this makes sense. But based on our performances against Virginia Tech and Miami, the number seems large to me. We have defeated Virginia three years in a row and the Cavaliers have looked very vulnerable at times this season such as against Idaho. I guess the question is which Duke defense shows-up? The second question is will Duke's offense make an appearance. The team has their back against the wall so this would be a great time to start another three game winning streak.

i'd prefer to start a 3 game winning streak for the last game of the season....with the two other games carrying into next year

Bob Green
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
i'd prefer to start a 3 game winning streak for the last game of the season....with the two other games carrying into next year

Despite all my negativity in chat and the post-game thread, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on 2011 yet. A three game winning streak will get us to 6-6 and bowl eligibility. September 1, 2012 and the game against FIU is a long time away, so I'd prefer Duke put together a three game winning streak right now. Actually, I want a four game winning streak so for now everyone needs to focus on beating Virginia. Yes, it's a cliche, but it's true - one game at a time.

uh_no
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Despite all my negativity in chat and the post-game thread, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on 2011 yet. A three game winning streak will get us to 6-6 and bowl eligibility. September 1, 2012 and the game against FIU is a long time away, so I'd prefer Duke put together a three game winning streak right now. Actually, I want a four game winning streak so for now everyone needs to focus on beating Virginia. Yes, it's a cliche, but it's true - one game at a time.

Of course. forgot we still had a chance at bowl eligibility!

OldPhiKap
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Yup. Get it done this week, nothing else matters. Must win game.

awhom111
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Here are the TV listings for the game:
http://www.theacc.com/live/2011-acc-football-match-center-duke-at-virginia.html

If you get these channels as part of a national package and not as your local channels, you will have to wait until the time of the game to see if the game is available or blacked out.