PDA

View Full Version : 2 other recruits

Travi_K
07-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Besides EW and Monroe, I also keep noticing that Rivals has a PG ranked in the 40's that has Duke and another team (I believe TX) are listed as his highest interest level by the name of J'Covan Brown from Port Arthur TX, and now Dukeupdate.com has another name I haven't heard a great deal about who is a Foward by the name of Hollis Thomas. Naturally, I am well aware that interest doesn't mean that Duke has interest but no one seems to be talking about these 2 names to my knowledge. Does anyone else have any info on these guys?

jaimedun34
07-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Not sure about Hollis Thomas, but I'm pretty sure we are not recruiting J'Covan Brown. From what I've read on the boards from Rivals and Scout, Brown has some issues (supposedly tried to get thrown out of a game while a few big time coaches were watching?).

Bob Green
07-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Hollis Thompson is a forward from California. Scout.com (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3095972)shows Duke being interested.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

Bud
07-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure if you know this Brown is in the class of 08, and Duke is not recruiting him. Thompson is in the class of 09, and he has four favorites right now that include Duke, UNC, UCLA, and Gorgtown. I like this kid a lot but I think Duke needs to offer some big guys in the class of 09, before Thompson gets one, that is just my opinion.