PDA

View Full Version : Game times for November 12 announced

jimsumner
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Saturday, Nov. 12

Miami at Florida State, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU, Noon, 3:30 or 8 p.m.

Wake Forest at Clemson, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU, Noon or 3:30 p.m.

The following gametimes and networks were announced:

Thursday, Nov. 10

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, ESPN, 8 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 12

NC State at Boston College, ACC Network#, 12:30 p.m.

Duke at Virginia, RSN#, 3 p.m.

CameronBornAndBred
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Next two games are on TV..nice.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Our next two (away) games are at 3 pm. I'm hoping the GT (home) game is at 3 pm also... :cool:

devildeac
10-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Our next two (away) games are at 3 pm. I'm hoping the GT (home) game is at 3 pm also... :cool:

I'd be happy with noon/1230 again. I really like French Toast Casserole and egg strata.:D

OZZIE4DUKE
10-31-2011, 05:23 PM
I'd be happy with noon/1230 again. I really like French Toast Casserole and egg strata.:D
But that's supposed to be our seafood fest...

devildeac
10-31-2011, 06:02 PM
But that's supposed to be our seafood fest...

I'll gladly eat some shrimp and grits for breakfast that day if that is on the menu. :D

awhom111
10-31-2011, 10:42 PM
I am not happy that the game will overlap with Basketball, but at least Fox and DirecTV reached a deal and I can hope to see the next two games broadcast in the clear.

CameronBornAndBred
11-01-2011, 07:03 AM
I'll gladly eat some shrimp and grits for breakfast that day if that is on the menu. :D
I will happily never grill grits at our tailgate.:p

devildeac
11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
I will happily never grill grits at our tailgate.:p

But, would/could you re-heat them if we brought a large pan of them, along with some mushrooms, bacon and cheese to toss in with the shrimp?
;>))

CameronBornAndBred
11-01-2011, 08:46 AM
But, would/could you re-heat them if we brought a large pan of them, along with some mushrooms, bacon and cheese to toss in with the shrimp?
;>))
Just like that dude from "Green Eggs and Ham"....I could not, would not. (Although I'd grill up all that other tasty stuff.) I'm proud to be a southerner, but lord I despise grits. Bleah.

Olympic Fan
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm furious that we got a 3 p.m. start time for Nov. 12.

The fact that Duke had a 4:30 p.m. basketball game scheduled that day can't be taken into account? The people headed to Cameron will miss almost the entire game. The Duke fans watching at home will have to switch back and fourth.

With three potential game slots -- noon/12:30 ... 3/3:30 ...7:30/8, they picked the absolute worst. I thought ESPN was our partner -- but the ACC picked a gametime that will conflict with the ESPNU telecast of our basketball game.

Reilly
11-01-2011, 12:12 PM
....they picked the absolute worst.....

Who are the "they"? What's the process?

I don't really know, but was under the impression that certain networks/bidders picked the games in a pecking order, like kids on a playground picking their team. Espn (or whoever) -- you get first pick of the ACC games; ABC -- you get 2d pick; ACC Network -- you get third pick; Regional Sports networks -- you get 4th pick ... or whatever....

It's not like there's one person assigning the slots, is it? In other words, there's no power for an individual -- or a "they" -- really to take Duke's b'ball game into account, is there? Maybe espn could take the hoops game into account when espn is making its pick ... but the regional networks picked up the football game and caused the conflict, so out of espn's control when the regional network is picking ....

Is the regional sports network always at 3 pm? Seems like it this year.