PDA

View Full Version : Question about iPad App

tylervinyard
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Can anyone confirm that all games will be available to watch (at minimum tape-delayed) if you pair Duke's new iPad App with a GoDuke Inside Access account?

The article linked below makes it seem as if this is the case, but I do not want to pay for an account otherwise.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205323373&DB_OEM_ID=4200

I do not have cable, and I'm trying to determine the best route to see all of Duke's games this year, even if I cannot watch them live. Please recommend other options as well. Thanks everyone.

BleedsP287
10-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I think its just the Shaw and the Bellarmine games available on the app and GoDuke.com, but all of the others will be on the ESPN family or one of the national networks or one of the regional sports networks. I think its still a deal to get the GoDuke access, that's the easiest place I've found to catch the post game pressers and player interviews.

Mike Corey
10-28-2011, 06:52 PM
ALL of the Duke games will be available for live streaming, from what I've gathered.

To receive the LIVE video, users will need to purchase the app & have a GoDuke Inside Access subscription. Much of the on demand stuff won’t be behind a pay wall.

tylervinyard
10-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mike. I think I'll go ahead and jump on it. Much cheaper than either paying for cable for 4-5 months or having to go to a bar everytime Duke plays.

KShip21
10-29-2011, 01:00 PM
If you already pay for Duke Inside Access, do you have to buy the $4.99 app, or can you get live audio/video with the free version?

grossbus
10-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Got the app and have access, but don't see where the streaming video is on the app.

FireOgilvie
10-29-2011, 02:33 PM
ALL of the Duke games will be available for live streaming, from what I've gathered.

To receive the LIVE video, users will need to purchase the app & have a GoDuke Inside Access subscription. Much of the on demand stuff won’t be behind a pay wall.

All of the Duke games are available for live streaming? Can you clarify that? I don't think that's the case... It said the only games available will be the two exhibition games and some women's games.

Mike Corey
10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Just sent out an email to check.

If I'm mistaken, I'm extremely sorry.

msdukie
10-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I think there are just archived/condensed versions of the regular season games. That is what has been done for China/Dubai and football.

FireOgilvie
10-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Anyone try to watch video on the iPad app? I can't get it to work... Watching on my computer.

Iowadevil
10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Anyone try to watch video on the iPad app? I can't get it to work... Watching on my computer.

I tried too with no luck. Tec support says to just click on LIVE in the schedule. There wasnt such a thing. Waiting for another response from them.

grossbus
10-30-2011, 08:55 AM
yeah, couldn't find it anywhere on the app. be interested in their response. more so for the women's games.

Azdukefan
10-31-2011, 12:45 AM
When it comes to Duke (and while I am a teacher) expense is never in question. However, paying 10 bucks for that app made me feel like I got robbed. I honestly feel misled into buying the app so that I would also pay for the subscription. To make a long story short, save your coin!

ThePublisher
10-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Where is an android app for my HP touchpad? Come on guys, apple is overpriced and underpowered. Wake up!

billy
10-31-2011, 11:06 AM
I know this thread is about the iPad app, but, while I was unable to view by iPad, I was able to watch on both my Mac Mini (hooked to my TV) and my Dell (Windows) laptop after updating Adobe Flash to 11 (had been 10.something). HD was good.

6th Man
10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
When it comes to Duke (and while I am a teacher) expense is never in question. However, paying 10 bucks for that app made me feel like I got robbed. I honestly feel misled into buying the app so that I would also pay for the subscription. To make a long story short, save your coin!

I have to say I agree with you 100%. I hate to be negative about this as I know Duke is marketing the product, but I was really disappointed in the app. On the GoDuke.com website it said you could watch live games. I knew it would only be the 2 exhibition games, but I thought that it would be cool to watch on the iPad. Not only could I not watch it on my iPad, the app itself gives you nothing that isn't on the GoDuke.com website. I ended up watching it on my laptop and aggrevated that I wasted money on the app.

Straight from GoDuke.com under app description:

Exclusive to the iPad: Watch select live video from GoDuke Inside Access, starting with the two exhibition men’s basketball games and 8 women’s basketball games for the 2011-12 season. Additional live events will be added throughout the year. In order to watch live on the iPad, you must have an active GoDuke Inside Access account.

I haven't heard from anyone yet that they were able to watch it on their iPad device.

OK, sorry...I'm done venting now.

Azdukefan
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Where is an android app for my HP touchpad? Come on guys, apple is overpriced and underpowered. Wake up!

We all have our preference(s). I am awake and will be purchasing an Ipad 3 upon release. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Azdukefan
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I have to say I agree with you 100%. I hate to be negative about this as I know Duke is marketing the product, but I was really disappointed in the app. On the GoDuke.com website it said you could watch live games. I knew it would only be the 2 exhibition games, but I thought that it would be cool to watch on the iPad. Not only could I not watch it on my iPad, the app itself gives you nothing that isn't on the GoDuke.com website. I ended up watching it on my laptop and aggrevated that I wasted money on the app.

Straight from GoDuke.com under app description:

Exclusive to the iPad: Watch select live video from GoDuke Inside Access, starting with the two exhibition men’s basketball games and 8 women’s basketball games for the 2011-12 season. Additional live events will be added throughout the year. In order to watch live on the iPad, you must have an active GoDuke Inside Access account.

I haven't heard from anyone yet that they were able to watch it on their iPad device.

OK, sorry...I'm done venting now.

Exactly my thought. Two games for $10 would have been well worth it. Honestly the app is terrible and really does a poor job representing all things Duke athletics. A refund should be in order IMO.

Bay Area Duke Fan
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM

I watched the game live on the iPad app Saturday. It worked great .... much better reception (full iPad screen) than the online feed.

grossbus
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
where did you find it on the app? why did it work for you and no one else?

ThePublisher
11-01-2011, 10:41 AM
We all have our preference(s). I am awake and will be purchasing an Ipad 3 upon release. Thanks for the offer anyway.

So you would rather have a tablet with a much lesser screen, slower processor and locked in to only work with itunes and apple's closed system? As opposed to a less expensive, more powerful and better featured Samsung tablet with an incredible screen, better specifications and the freedom of android? Interesting logic.

Azdukefan
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
So you would rather have a tablet with a much lesser screen, slower processor and locked in to only work with itunes and apple's closed system? As opposed to a less expensive, more powerful and better featured Samsung tablet with an incredible screen, better specifications and the freedom of android? Interesting logic.

I guess if that is how you see it, the answer is yes. Go Duke!

Bay Area Duke Fan
11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
where did you find it on the app? why did it work for you and no one else?

I went to the "Schedules" tab. There was a "watch live" (or "live") button in the Bellarmine line.

Iowadevil
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I went to the "Schedules" tab. There was a "watch live" (or "live") button in the Bellarmine line.

There wasn't such a thing on my iPad. Ended up watching on desktop. Also sent complaint to nuLion tech support and was told to click on the live broadcast which wasn't on my screen!

tylervinyard
11-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok, so I never pulled the plug after reading several people's horror stories. For the people who did get it to work, can you watch the replay in full of the exhibition? For people just watching on their PC or Mac Mini, can you see the full replay of the exhibition using your GoDuke Inside Access sub?

Azdukefan
11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Ok, so I never pulled the plug after reading several people's horror stories. For the people who did get it to work, can you watch the replay in full of the exhibition? For people just watching on their PC or Mac Mini, can you see the full replay of the exhibition using your GoDuke Inside Access sub?

I couldn't get it to work either. I will give it a second shot tommorow on my second rate "tablet."

Nrrrrvous
11-02-2011, 08:42 AM

I paid the $10 for Inside Access ($5 per game is worth it, to me). I just use my Dell laptop w/Windows 7. I was able to watch the entire game minus the first 30 seconds or so (they must've had some technical difficulties) on Sunday afternoon. I had a little trouble logging in and finding the archive of the game, website kept re-directing me to the free highlights even though I was trying to get to the paid "live" stuff.

Quality was great, no problems whatsoever once started. Hope to do the same tonight/tomorrow since I have to take kid to Cub Scouts tonight.

merry
11-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Slightly different topic but can anyone recommend a decent iPhone app for getting scores etc.? I perhaps foolishly bought the Duke app thinking I could use it to get simple score updates, but you can't access a gametracker without Flash and the "Score" section of the app never updates during a game (only at some point after the game is over). All I want is the ability to for example check a volleyball score while the game is in progress and when I am not AT the game or in front of an actual computer. The only way I can do that now is if there is an in-game blog or via Twitter if the sports information people are covering a game (like football).

FireOgilvie
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
iPad app still doesn't work. No link to live video on the schedules page. I signed in and can listen to live audio, but no video. Watching again on my computer. Waste of money. Does anyone know how to get a refund?

hood7
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
iPad app still doesn't work. No link to live video on the schedules page. I signed in and can listen to live audio, but no video. Watching again on my computer. Waste of money. Does anyone know how to get a refund?

Same for me. I was able to watch Bellarmine, but this time there is no live video button to push. Lame app, please improve!

Iowadevil
11-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Reply from tech support last night during Shaw game was "we apologize for the delayed start and are working to establish the video link." I never did see it on the iPad. Audio was live until the end of the game and then that vanished as well.

At least they finally realize it IS THEIR problem!

MChambers
11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Slightly different topic but can anyone recommend a decent iPhone app for getting scores etc.? I perhaps foolishly bought the Duke app thinking I could use it to get simple score updates, but you can't access a gametracker without Flash and the "Score" section of the app never updates during a game (only at some point after the game is over). All I want is the ability to for example check a volleyball score while the game is in progress and when I am not AT the game or in front of an actual computer. The only way I can do that now is if there is an in-game blog or via Twitter if the sports information people are covering a game (like football).

I use the ESPN Scorecenter app. Just select Duke basketball as one of your favorite teams.

tylervinyard
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I watched the game live on the iPad app Saturday. It worked great .... much better reception (full iPad screen) than the online feed.

Bay Area Duke Fan, do you have any idea how to link up the iPad app and your Inside Access subscription, or did it just magically work? I think this may be one of the possible reasons why some are having issues. If the app doesn't know you are an Inside Access subscriber, why would it give you the option to watch live or full replays of games? I just can't figure out how to make sure the iPad app knows I'm a subscriber. Is it the email address? It's my wife's iPad so her email address is associated with her iPad, but my GoDuke Inside Access sub is associated with my personal email. Thanks for anyone who can shed light on the fix.

tylervinyard
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Wanted to let everyone know I've figured it out. You just have to click on a live event which will prompt you for your login and password to Inside Access. Once the iPad app and your Inside Access account are linked, it's nice to have everything on the iPad. Watching the Duke-Michigan St full game replay at the moment and quality is pretty decent with 30 second rewind as nice option.