PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Cut's press conference, 10-25

jimsumner
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Not an awful lot of useful info. Lots of praise for VT. Why not? They're steamrolling people.

Injuries are a big concern. Cut estimated that 12-15 players have missed practice time this week. Duke practiced without pads today. Tuesday usually is a heavy-hitting day. Even if these guys are healthy Saturday, they suffer from missing practice time.

Cut did confirm that Duke hopes to redshirt Snead. Depends on keeping the rest of the RB corps healthy.

I talked to several players trying to get a feel for the slow starts. I was hearing words like "tentative," "cautious," and "afraid to make mistakes."

Cut says its more of an execution problem and says the coaches are preaching aggressiveness.

Saturday is Cancer Awareness Day. So, look for lots of pink.

airowe
10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks Jim. Did Cut comment on Sean's health?

jimsumner
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM

No. Renfree met with the media and seemed fine.

airowe
10-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks again. I was asking because of what I read from Steve Wiseman here: http://heraldsun.com/view/full_story/16149512/article-Loss-to-Wake-leaves-Duke-hurting-all-over?instance=main_article

Cutcliffe said Renfree is one of six or seven players who wouldn’t practice Sunday night. But the hope was the redshirt junior, as well as the other players, would be able to practice on Tuesday....

I guess he was able to practice.

chrishoke
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Doesn't our injury list come out today?

loran16
10-27-2011, 12:27 PM

Ooh, we're playing @VT? It's time for Zack Asack to be QB! Errr I mean Boone. Yeah that's what I meant.

Sorry, flashing back for a second.

killerleft
10-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Ooh, we're playing @VT? It's time for Zack Asack to be QB! Errr I mean Boone. Yeah that's what I meant.

Sorry, flashing back for a second.

Nope, we are at WALLY WADE vs. VT.