PDA

View Full Version : This is awesome. Laettner cleans the KY floor.

rthomas
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHW2cDTA29o

KYtotheCore
10-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Didn't go to the game . . . looks like there were a lot of empty seats, but my hat's off to Laettner. Great sport and able to laugh at himself, and raised $50K for a great cause. Local highlights showed a lot of laughs from both teams and coaches. Great job "villains"!

OldPhiKap
10-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Once a show man, always a show man.

weezie
10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Still such a handsome Devil!
Boy oh boy the crush I had on him...:o

OZZIE4DUKE
10-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Still such a handsome Devil!
Boy oh boy the crush I had on him...:o
You should have come to the homecoming game in September. He (and Marty Clark) spent about an hour at our tent in Blue Devil Alley. :cool:

devildeac
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
You should have come to the homecoming game in September. He (and Marty Clark) spent about an hour at our tent in Blue Devil Alley. :cool:

Any pix you can post/share?
(hint-the one with the newlyweds, both unc fans, would be grrrreattt!)

OZZIE4DUKE
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Any pix you can post/share?
(hint-the one with the newlyweds, both unc fans, would be grrrreattt!)
This is as close as I can come to having the requested picture. You'll have to look to another source for that one ...2105

TonyWR
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
This is as close as I can come to having the requested picture. You'll have to look to another source for that one ...2105

I'd love to have been there myself, Christian is my all time fave and is the reason I first started watching Duke games.

IBleedBlue
10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I like how Nolan comes to rescue (not literally) Laettner. Awesome display of brotherhood :)
Time can take us away from Duke but it can't take Duke away from us!!

CameronBornAndBred
10-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Favorite quote I've seen today.

Every boo, every middle finger, every "F#@K YOU LAETTNER," every "Kentucky's #1 Villain" poster he signs, is a reminder to him (and to neutral observers willing to pay attention) that he kicked Kentucky's balls so hard they still ache in 2011.

http://deadspin.com/5853208/christian-laettner-is-still-trolling-the-state-of-kentucky-even-in-charity-games

basket1544
10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I loved that Nolan came out onto the floor to get him too. Seemed right. Also, no one's noted yet but the Villains won 152-149 in overtime. Christian was tossed with 2 minutes left in regulation... all in good fun, part of the show. Wish I could have been there. I also saw the introductions and Nolan got about a half a cheer before the boos started. Somehow, booing Christian is okay but boos raining on Nolan makes me so angry! Anyway, a lot of the links to the game are connected to this article on msn: http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/christian-laettner-embraces-the-kentucky-boos/related/

KenTankerous
10-26-2011, 07:10 AM
So some of y'all may remember but those that don't, a quick recap:
I've been a UK fan since before I started drinkin bourbon and smokin Marlboros. So like five. But as love would have it, I fell head over heals for a Dukie. So deep and so hard that I found a way to take her to Cameron for a game, granted, a non-ACC game (I am not the 1%) but we did stay at the WaDuke, sat, nay, stood, with the crazies at the game, and even met Jon Scheyer and his family afterwards back at the hotel. I later joined DBR, found a fabulous community of college bball purist as devote as any member of cat nation but far more articulate and, dare I say, accurate and objective. I even had a little interaction with Coach K, actually, it was probably Gerry, but still, great advice. It was then, I think, that the hatred went away and I started rooting for Duke. I even have a Duke hat and T-shirt I wear here in Louisville, KY. But no, not the NC shirt or cap. I may be a traitor and a flip-flop but I am not a bandwagoner - or is that eer? And yes, I get grief.

So anyway, my point is that I'm a Cat fan (but think Calipaymi was a bad bad hire and will haunt us) a Cat fan that lost his Duke Hate. But I still hate Latener, hate him enough to misspell his name. So I wanna squawk a little:

Notice the three Dukies behind Leetner in Ozzie4Dukes pic? The hot lady has the presence of mind to avert her eyes to the camera, but they are all checking out his trunk.

How does a coach, psuedo- or not, go along with a scripted ejection in a see-saw game with less than two minutes to go?

Who wipes the floor in a $3000 suit?

OK, really, I got nothing. Laetner healed a lot of hatred coming into Rupp and playing it up for the UK faithful. It took charm and character and class.

Which he had to Learn from K because that stompin, shotin, celebratin, hotdog wasn't born with an ounce of...

I'll stop now.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Notice the three Dukies behind Laettner in Ozzie4Dukes pic? The hot lady has the presence of mind to avert her eyes to the camera, but they are all checking out his trunk.

"the hot lady", aka Fordgrl00, sends along her thanks! I think it's funnier that CowboyDevil is checking out his butt... :eek: http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/19.gif

Mike Corey
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Who wipes the floor in a $3000 suit?

He's a Dukie. We bathe in champagne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTIsZiKZQg). We scrub floors in expensive suits.

Isn't that what people expect of Dukies, anyway? ;)

nmduke2001
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I was waiting for Nolan to toss Christian a ball and have him dribble-shoot-scoressssssss!

OldPhiKap
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I was waiting for Nolan to toss Christian a ball and have him dribble-shoot-scoressssssss!

Kentucky STILL didn't face-up on Christian in the circle.

KenTankerous
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM

He'd need to do it from the baseline.

Unguarded.

And basket1544 - I wasn't comfy with the boos for Nolan but in the spirit of the event, I don't think they were as vicious or personal as perceived.

JasonEvans
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I am still trying to figure out how and why Nolan Smith was one of the "Villains" facing Kentucky. As best I can tell, the closest Nolan came to playing Kentucky during his Duke career was when he played Eastern Kentucky during his freshman season. He played 20 minutes in that game, scoring 1 point from the FT line while missing 2 3pt attempts. He also had 2 assists. THAT is the stuff that makes a villain, no doubt about it!

The only logical conclusion is that anyone who plays for Duke is a villain to Kentucky. Hey, Wildcats... obsess much?!?!

If Duke had a legends vs villains game and invited John Wall or Demarcus Cousins or Jodie Meeks to play for the Villains, we would all say, "Huh? Why?"

We are Duke... and everyone else just pales by comparison to our awesome dominance over the landscape of the sport ;)

-Jason "who would be the ideal Villains for Duke -- Psycho T, Sean May, that dude for Temple who gave us a concussion, Randolph Childress, Bootsy Thornton... who else?" Evans

rasputin
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
I am still trying to figure out how and why Nolan Smith was one of the "Villains" facing Kentucky. As best I can tell, the closest Nolan came to playing Kentucky during his Duke career was when he played Eastern Kentucky during his freshman season. He played 20 minutes in that game, scoring 1 point from the FT line while missing 2 3pt attempts. He also had 2 assists. THAT is the stuff that makes a villain, no doubt about it!

The only logical conclusion is that anyone who plays for Duke is a villain to Kentucky. Hey, Wildcats... obsess much?!?!

If Duke had a legends vs villains game and invited John Wall or Demarcus Cousins or Jodie Meeks to play for the Villains, we would all say, "Huh? Why?"

We are Duke... and everyone else just pales by comparison to our awesome dominance over the landscape of the sport ;)

-Jason "who would be the ideal Villains for Duke -- Psycho T, Sean May, that dude for Temple who gave us a concussion, Randolph Childress, Bootsy Thornton... who else?" Evans

Nolan's father played for Louisville.

weezie
10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
It took me years to get over hating Jason Kidd. But I still hate Goose Givens.

KenTankerous
10-26-2011, 04:06 PM
It took me years to get over hating Jason Kidd. But I still hate Goose Givens.

That warms my TrueBlue heart on this cold rainy day.

Goose>Christian

Thanks

Newton_14
10-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Nolan addressed this in an interview on Mike & Mark 620 The Buzz this morning. He was born in Lousiville as the son of a Cardinal, and was trained to hate UK early and often. The Dad connection and birthplace, was what got him selected.

basket1544
10-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Duke plays at least 2 Legends vs. Villains games a year. It's called Duke vs. UNC.