PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 Autographed duke basketball poster

lrjacobson
10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know when this year's autographed poster will go on sale and what number to call to purchase?
Got last year's and hoping to start a collection. Thanks

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I attended Countdown to Craziness last weekend and was told might be a good idea to call about poster on Monday. I called (919) 613-7500 and was able to place order. The poster is $20.00. I was told would receive poster close to Thanksgiving.

Hope I could help, GO DUKE!

lrjacobson
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I attended Countdown to Craziness last weekend and was told might be a good idea to call about poster on Monday. I called (919) 613-7500 and was able to place order. The poster is $20.00. I was told would receive poster close to Thanksgiving.

Hope I could help, GO DUKE!

Thanks!!!!!!! Ordered this afternoon.

GO DUKE

DukeSean
10-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I also just now called, ordered my posters.

Nice lady on the phone asked how I knew to call, I said DBR, she laughed. Said she's been getting hit a lot today for the posters and just wanted to see if the answers were consistently DBR readers.

Sometime in November, near Thanksgiving!

-jk
10-22-2011, 01:27 AM
I also just now called, ordered my posters.

Nice lady on the phone asked how I knew to call, I said DBR, she laughed. Said she's been getting hit a lot today for the posters and just wanted to see if the answers were consistently DBR readers.

Sometime in November, near Thanksgiving!

Heard from her, too. She said they weren't set up to work this way, and to please let folks know this isn't a service they generally offer.
-jk

obsesseddukefan
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Just ordered mine 5 minutes ago. The lady on the phone could not have been nicer. Was also told that I would recieve it around Thanksgiving as well.
The only question I could not get answered and it is not a big deal is when will I be charged the $20.00....when it ships or when I just placed the order. Either way I cant wait to recieve it.

Bluedog
10-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Just ordered mine 5 minutes ago. The lady on the phone could not have been nicer. Was also told that I would recieve it around Thanksgiving as well.
The only question I could not get answered and it is not a big deal is when will I be charged the $20.00....when it ships or when I just placed the order. Either way I cant wait to recieve it.

Last year, they waited to charge the credit card until it shipped.

Reilly
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Heard from her, too. She said they weren't set up to work this way, and to please let folks know this isn't a service they generally offer.
-jk

So what does that mean, that folks should *not* call and order one this year?

I'm not ordering one this year.

Two years ago, I saw a clip of Lance Thomas on Duke Blue Planet signing tons of posters. Upon viewing it, I thought: "how nice ... I guess the team gets lots of letters from sick kids in hospitals or whatnot, and that's a really nice gesture to send them a real, autographed poster."

One year ago, I saw on here that posters were available for $20 from the b'ball office. I thought: "that's odd ... why via the b'ball office and not the store? .... and I was assuming those posters were for sick kids in hospitals ...." I ordered one, but felt somehow sheepish about it all.

Not ordering one this year ....

obsesseddukefan
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Last year, they waited to charge the credit card until it shipped.

Thank you bluedog. Good to know. At least now I will know when it was shipped

Starter
10-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Two years ago, I saw a clip of Lance Thomas on Duke Blue Planet signing tons of posters. Upon viewing it, I thought: "how nice ... I guess the team gets lots of letters from sick kids in hospitals or whatnot, and that's a really nice gesture to send them a real, autographed poster."

One year ago, I saw on here that posters were available for $20 from the b'ball office. I thought: "that's odd ... why via the b'ball office and not the store? .... and I was assuming those posters were for sick kids in hospitals ...." I ordered one, but felt somehow sheepish about it all.

At least when I was there, they just devoted an entire day each month to signing stuff people would send in or drop off. I don't think it's mutually exclusive, your poster and the hospital, I'm sure they have more than enough for literally everyone and every cause that signs on for one. (i.e. Any poster you get from them wasn't earmarked for a sick child.)

-jk
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM

The message I got was " We do this as a service for sure but will have to stop altogether if requests get too large. We certainly appreciate fan support but can only accommodate so many."

-jk