WR Donovan Varner (leg) – Questionable
CB Johnny Williams (leg) – Questionable

S Lee Butler (leg) – OUT
QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON
DE Kenny Anunike (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

CameronBornAndBred
10-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Jim...any thoughts on what you said earlier this week, noting that Snead is absent from this list?

Josh Snead ran at full speed today. Too early to tell when he suits up and no decision has been made on a redshirt. But the trend lines are going in the right direction.

jimsumner
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Jim...any thoughts on what you said earlier this week, noting that Snead is absent from this list?

I missed Tuesday's media lunch; I was in Greensboro for the women's basketball media day. But I suspect we've got two internal debates. Can Snead play? Should Snead play? Duke didn't bring in a running back in this year's class (one signee didn't make the academic grade) and doesn't have a committment from the class of 2012, although there are a couple of guys still in the mix.

So, the season is half over, Snead hasn't played and presumably would need some time to catch up, Duke's other four recruited RBs seem to be reasonably healthy and you don't have a freshman RB. Does he really give you something you can't get from Thompson or Scott, especially considering the rust?

Maybe a redshirt makes sense at this point. Balances the classes and saves a season.

Or maybe not. Does Snead by in to the logic? I understand he really wants to play. Plus, if you use a redshirt this season, it likely precludes using one down the road.

That's one of the reasons the coaches get paid big bucks. To make these decisions.

chrishoke
10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Who's gonna play center?

jimsumner
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Who's gonna play center?

If Harding and Moore are both out, then Conor Irwin is likely the guy. Hasn't played a lot but he's a redshirt junior, so he should know what he's doing.

CameronBornAndBred
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Wake's report...

WAKE FOREST

Probable
RB Josh Harris (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/378473/josh-harris) (leg)
TE Andrew Parker (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/381582/andrew-parker) (ankle)
DT Tristan Dorty (ankle)
C Garrick Williams (ankle)
NT Duke Mosby (illness)

Out
NT Ramon Booi (knee)
DT John Gallagher (back)

Out for the season
OT Dylan Heartsil (back)
CB Dominique Tate (knee)
LB Kyle Jarrett (hip)

OZZIE4DUKE
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
If Harding and Moore are both out, then Conor Irwin is likely the guy. Hasn't played a lot but he's a redshirt junior, so he should know what he's doing.
Moore is starting at center. His arm is healed, but Wake will beat on it to "test it" and Moore's mental toughness.