PDA

View Full Version : Duke Volleyball

chrishoke
10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Beat the hated heel tonight, skunked them three games to none. Congrats and GTHCGTH.

SCMatt33
10-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Beat the hated heel tonight, skunked them three games to none. Congrats and GTHCGTH.

Yeah, Duke played really well. UNC had a chance in the second set to go the break at 1-1, but a couple of service errors hurt them and then they lost the set by reaching over the net. They then had a lead for a good part of the third before Duke turned the tables. It was much closer than the sweep would indicate. Both teams were on fire locating the ball. There were so many points won on shots near the line, on tips to empty spots in the middle, and a few second shot attacks. It was a real chess match. UNC's mistakes, though, turned it into a sweep.

On a different note, anyone else watch on ESPNU. That play-by-play guy was way over the top. He got more excited than the players after every point, and given that it's women's volleyball, that's really saying something.

burnspbesq
10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Match is not showing up in the Watch ESPN iPad app, but will be replayed on ESPNU at 1:30 a.m. Pacific time.

Turk
10-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Sorry, not going to stay up for that. Mrs. Turk and one of the young Turks are avid v-ball players. Tonight in our corner of the woods, our TV choices were Mich vs. Mich St. and Florida vs. South Carolina. I think if Penn State someday goes into the ACC, our TV selections in eastern PA will improve dramatically.... Unfortunately, I don't believe I will live that long to see it, Pitt and Syracuse acquisitions notwithstanding...

Oh yeah, they bring third string announcers out, so you're almost better off setting the sound to "mute"....