PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Towel Guy Gets Some Love

fisheyes
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7116460/what-know-college-basketball

Interesting article. I am sure the board will have issues with some of what he said, but not this:

• "Crazy Towel Guy" is the country's No. 1 fan.

kmspeaks
10-18-2011, 06:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7116460/what-know-college-basketball

Interesting article. I am sure the board will have issues with some of what he said, but not this:

I won't say issue, I'll just say.......:confused:

"One of toughest things to accomplish in coaching -- at least it seems this way to me -- is to get 18- and 19-year-old prima donnas who have been coddled throughout high school to buy into the importance of playing tough defense. John Calipari, Bill Self and Tom Izzo do it better than anyone."

There's some Polish guy with a hard to spell name that does a pretty good job teaching defense ;)

cspan37421
10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I won't say issue, I'll just say.......:confused:

"One of toughest things to accomplish in coaching -- at least it seems this way to me -- is to get 18- and 19-year-old prima donnas who have been coddled throughout high school to buy into the importance of playing tough defense. John Calipari, Bill Self and Tom Izzo do it better than anyone."

There's some Polish guy with a hard to spell name that does a pretty good job teaching defense ;)

True, but does he deal with as many prima donnas?

Verga3
10-18-2011, 07:12 PM

And they don't know the half of it: You will see Herb at Duke soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, fencing, etc. whether our men or our women are competing....what a passionate Duke grad/fan!!

DukeDevilDeb
10-18-2011, 09:55 PM
True, but does he deal with as many prima donnas?

We have been extremely fortunate to have a wonderful group of basketball players that I've watched over the last 25 years. But if you don't think there are some prima donnas (or maybe prima dons) on the team, please come into my classroom and watch them operate off the court! :p

Devilsfan
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
You might be forgetting that they probably pay for your wages. Maybe a thank you in lieu of your statement is in order.

sagegrouse
10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
You might be forgetting that they probably pay for your wages. Maybe a thank you in lieu of your statement is in order.

Hah! What nonsense! Basketball revenues are subsidizing the budget of academic departments?

sagegrouse

DU82
10-18-2011, 10:58 PM

I'd comment, but the words I would use would probably get me banned from the board.

I'll just say that Herb by no means is anywhere close to what I'd call a good fan, let alone the best fan in the country. I'd suggest the columnist spend more time with him, and then I think he'd change his mind.

devildeac
10-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I'd comment, but the words I would use would probably get me banned from the board.

I'll just say that Herb by no means is anywhere close to what I'd call a good fan, let alone the best fan in the country. I'd suggest the columnist spend more time with him, and then I think he'd change his mind.

From Ozzie in post #117 in the f$u/Duke thread:

"Oh, and while I'm on my soap box, it's not just the students, I'm calling out Crazy Towel Guy too, the so called "#1 Duke fan". He's selling his tickets in the parking lot before the games and not going to the games anymore. He spoke with me in Blue Devil Alley on Saturday, showed me the tickets he was selling. Claims he's fed up too. Herb - get your butt back into Wallace Wade Stadium - you are FOS; it's not becoming of you."

You want a TrueBlue('CueCrew) fan? Talk to Ozzie sometime. Talk about passion/dedication for Duke sports!

Verga3
10-19-2011, 12:10 AM

A passionate fan can voice his/her opinions loudly and rightly/wrongly. Let's embrace what Ozzie and Herb bring to and mean to our school's athletics. I may not always agree with them, but I love that they love Duke! I am holding back here with some personal knowledge, but Herb and Ozzie are GREAT fans!!!