PDA

View Full Version : David Mayer

harithak47
10-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I remember last year around the time Kyrie got injured David Mayer a duke freshman was added to the team by Coach K. When I look at this years roster I fail to see him on it and did not see him at C2C. Any news on what
happened with him. Was he just there for an extra body in practice that isn't needed now because of our 5 man
Freshman class?

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I remember last year around the time Kyrie got injured David Mayer a duke freshman was added to the team by Coach K. When I look at this years roster I fail to see him on it and did not see him at C2C. Any news on what
happened with him. Was he just there for an extra body in practice that isn't needed now because of our 5 man
Freshman class?
The last I heard he was invited as a walk on. He was a pretty good player in high school and brought some size and strength to practices. No additional players are needed for practices at this point in the year.

NovaScotian
10-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Freshman class?

i think dude was a manager first anyway, so he may have pulled a 'griffin tormey' and 'walked-off' to become a manager again.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
i think dude was a manager first anyway, so he may have pulled a 'griffin tormey' and 'walked-off' to become a manager again.
David is not a manager this year.

allenmurray
10-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I believe he has transferred to a D-III school with very strong academics but at which he will get significant playing time. I'm thinking Emory, but I'm not sure. His brother plays at Williams College.