PDA

View Full Version : Player Chants through the ages

uh_no
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM
So after reading some of the posts about countdown to craziness, I realized there must be tons of player specific chants throughout the ages, most of which I don't know! So I think my goal here was to try to make some sort of compilation of as many player specific chants throughout the ages that can be passed down through the ages, so that in 30 years when J-will visits cameron, the crazies will know that j-will rock them!

Here's what i know (rather limited....i admit):

Jay Williams: J-will J-will rock you! (to the tune of we will rock you)
Nolan Smith: Nolan's Rollin' (clap clap clapclapclap)
Jon Scheyer: Scheyer's on Fire
Gerald Henderson: G Can Fly
Brian Zoubek: ZOUUUUUUUUU (hold right hand pointing left and left hand pointing right, touch thumbs to make a Z)

Please enlighten me!

dukebsbll14
10-15-2011, 10:58 PM
JJ Redick - "JJ Redick's dynamite"
Lee Melchionni - Sway side to side pointing your thumbs outwards, going "Lee, Lee, Lee." If someone can describe it better, please do.
Shelden Williams - "Pay your rent!"
Nate James - "Nate's a badass!"

I'll be keeping a word document for all of this, maybe send it to the line monitors so whenever someone comes back to Cameron it can get distributed on the cheer sheets.

Native
10-15-2011, 10:59 PM
JJ Redick: J-J Redick, DY-NO-MITE!
Nolan Smith: Nolan's Rollin'
Shane Battier: Who's Your Daddy? Battier!
Steve Johnson: Sweaty Johnson! and Insert Johnson!

uh_no
10-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Marty Nessley/Pocious: Marty Doesn't Foul!

OldPhiKap
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Marty Pocious: Marty Doesn't Foul!

That comes from Marty Nessley, actually. "The Puma"

WiJoe
10-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Marty Nessley/Pocious: Marty Doesn't Foul!

Marty Clark, too!

:cool:

ArkieDukie
10-16-2011, 12:17 AM
After my time, but I think there was a chant for Duhon (Da Du-hon-hon-hon, Da Du-hon-hon). Also, for Shelden (pay your rent!) and Luol (to the window, to Luol!).

juise
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
From my era (in addition to Shane, J-Will, JJ, Shelden)...

Matt Christenson - "The Monster's Out of His Cage!"
Dahntay Jones - "Dahntay's Nasty!"
Andre Sweet / Reggie Love - "We want Sweet Love!"
Mark Causey - "Kamikaze!"
Carlos Boozer - "Boooooz"
Luol Deng - "From the window.... to Luol!"
Chris Duhon - "Du, du, du... Duhon!"

SCMatt33
10-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Lee Melchionni - Sway side to side pointing your thumbs outwards, going "Lee, Lee, Lee." If someone can describe it better, please do.

Too hard to accurately describe Lee's chant for those who don't know it. Here's a clip from '06 senior night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34jt2cYIIQ) that will help.

I was only there his last year, but I believe Patrick Johnson had the "Insert Johnson" chant used for him as well

DeMarcus Nelson was a re-tread of Duhon's chant (D-D-D...D-Marc)

He wasn't around long, but everyone was always enthusiastic for Jamal Boykin - Who let Jamal out?

Also hasn't been mentioned yet, but I seem to remember that JJ's was sometimes used as a call and response between the undergrads and grad students.

toooskies
10-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Marty Clark, too!

:cool:

My favorite was a variation used for Pocius. He got scratched and had a small trickle of blood on his arm, which prompted a ref to remove him from the game. To which the Crazies chanted,
"Marty doesn't bleed! Marty doesn't bleed!"

bdh21
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
My favorite was always Nick Horvath's chant, "Horvath... of the hill people..." (to the tune of http://www.hulu.com/watch/4108/saturday-night-live-lothar-of-the-hill-people) It was a riot; I guess you had to be there.

devildeac
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
"Meagher spit in your face."

(not sure whether :D or :o or both should accompany this)

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I used to love the way we greeted the introduction of each visiting player back in the golden Bubas days: Who's he?!?

This hearty greeting from the students ended when the administration asked us to be more cordial.:cool:

Rich
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
"Meagher spit in your face."

(not sure whether :D or :o or both should accompany this)

That was to Tom Sheahy of Virginia, right? That was my Freshman year...loooong time ago.

devildeac
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
That was to Tom Sheahy of Virginia, right? That was my Freshman year...loooong time ago.

Indeed it was.

OldPhiKap
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Yup. Big gobber.

Until VTech joined the league, I'm not sure there was as dirty a player as Tonm Sheehey. Deron Washington may have bumped him, but not sure.

UrinalCake
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
My favorite "chant" was whenever Wojo would D up the other team's point guard full court. We'd make woof'ing sounds (since he played like a bulldog) and since the Crazies are like five feet away from the players it was like the whole stadium was in the guy's face.

Who's your daddy - Battier had to be the best chant ever. Especially when we'd actually coordinate it so half the stadium would ask and the other half would respond.

DukeUsul
10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Tony Moore: Teeee Mooooooeeeee!

Monmouth77
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
After a dunk or a block: "You got Branded!"