TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

Kenny Anunike (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

OZZIE4DUKE
10-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Josh Snead probable. WOW! :cool:

Thanks for the update Jim!

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-13-2011, 02:48 PM
The happy news is so many familiar names now moved up to probable. The names on the questionable and doubtful lists are guys who make major contributions on the field.

Could be a big day for the offense.

Bob Green
10-13-2011, 03:10 PM
S Matt Daniels (leg) – Questionable

CB Johnny Williams (leg) – Questionable

S August Campbell (leg) – Doubtful

S Lee Butler (leg) – OUT

Our secondary is going to be undermanned against the #1 ranked Passing Offense in the ACC. This report is definitely not good news. I was hoping we would be healthy coming off the Bye Week. Oh well, I'm confident the team will persevere!

Highlander
10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Our secondary is going to be undermanned against the #1 ranked Passing Offense in the ACC. This report is definitely not good news. I was hoping we would be healthy coming off the Bye Week. Oh well, I'm confident the team will persevere!

I finished watching the FIU game last night. If that is any indication about our secondary, we are in for a long day. Granted, we did win, but we gave up almost 350 yards through the air to a team that isn't nearly as good as FSU. I don't like our chances to beat FSU in a shootout, especially since they have AVERAGED around 40ppg versus us over the past 5 seasons.

Also, I thought it was notable that Duke has never beaten FSU in football.

Ever. Home or Away.

Interestingly enough, we are now the only team in the conference who has that honor. Everyone else has managed at least one win against the Seminoles since they joined the ACC. Heck, Wake's even done it a couple of times.

So while I'm excited for a good game on Saturday, I'm not overly optimistic we'll come out on top. I hope I'm wrong.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I finished watching the FIU game last night. If that is any indication about our secondary, we are in for a long day. Granted, we did win, but we gave up almost 350 yards through the air to a team that isn't nearly as good as FSU. I don't like our chances to beat FSU in a shootout, especially since they have AVERAGED around 40ppg versus us over the past 5 seasons.

Also, I thought it was notable that Duke has never beaten FSU in football.

Ever. Home or Away.

Interestingly enough, we are now the only team in the conference who has that honor. Everyone else has managed at least one win against the Seminoles since they joined the ACC. Heck, Wake's even done it a couple of times.

So while I'm excited for a good game on Saturday, I'm not overly optimistic we'll come out on top. I hope I'm wrong.
There is a first time for everything, and Saturday is our time! :cool:

WakeDevil
10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
The fact that FSU has thrown on average for more ypg than any other ACC team does not mean it is the best passing offense in the league.

CameronBornAndBred
10-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Dang..I was hoping Moore would at least be questionable...but no need to rush him; an FSU return would have been an early, pleasant surprise.

mkline09
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Really surprised that Snead is probable considering Cut was answering questions about redshirting him down the road. But I'll take it

Potentially not having Williams, Daniels or Campbell really is just awful news for the Duke defense. Hope the offense brings its A-game. Daniels wow he is not only one of the best defensive players but a leader and his absence would leave a gapping hole in the defense.

Newton_14
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
October 13, 2011

Vs. Florida State

DE Jordan DeWalt-Ondijo (leg) – Probable

DE Justin Foxx (leg) – Probable

C Dave Harding (leg) – Probable

RB Desmond Scott (leg) – Probable

RB Josh Snead (foot) – Probable

K Will Snyderwine (foot) – Probable

S Matt Daniels (leg) – Questionable

CB Johnny Williams (leg) – Questionable

S August Campbell (leg) – Doubtful

S Lee Butler (leg) – OUT

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

Kenny Anunike (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

Matt Daniels is the heart of our defense. Praying he can tough it out. If he misses the entire game that is a huge loss. The guy is everywhere on defense. I somehow missed the fact that he got hurt in the FIU game. Hopefully that "questionable" becomes "probable" over the next two days.

Great to get Snead back, and hoping Desmond has gotten over the tentativeness with wearing the brace. Having those two will be a great boost to the offense and help take pressure off the passing game. FSU willl have to respect our ability to run with all 3 of our top running backs healthy

chrishoke
10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
That list is devastating.

We not only have never beaten FSU, the average score has been about 51-16

dukediv2011
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I would be SHOCKED if Matt Daniels does not play on Saturday. That kid is tough as nails.

It might be a good thing that Johnny Williams may not play. Zach Greene has been AWESOME in his absence.

Greg_Newton
10-13-2011, 10:46 PM
That list is devastating.

We not only have never beaten FSU, the average score has been about 51-16

Seriously, I was not expecting all that. So much for hoping to get our entire secondary healthy over the bye week... yikes. Seems like the guys on defense are moving the wrong way down the list.

chrishoke
10-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm hearing that Lee Butler is out for the season. Is that right?

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2011, 11:19 AM
FSU's list. Wish they would list positions.

FLORIDA STATE

OUT
Willie Haulstead (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480778/willie-haulstead) (head)
Henry Orelus (head)
Josh Gehres (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480762/josh-gehres) (knee)
Darious Cummings (hand)
Andrew Datko (shoulder)
David Spurlock (knee)

QUESTIONABLE

Rashad Greene (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/514136/rashad-greene) (ankle)

Greg_Newton
10-14-2011, 03:55 PM

:( Sure would be terrible. Especially since his injury occurred on an (uncalled) late hit on a punt return against Tulane, I believe.

Bob Green
10-14-2011, 07:32 PM
FSU's list. Wish they would list positions.

OUT
Willie Haulstead (head) (Wide Receiver)
Henry Orelus (head) (Offensive Lineman)
Josh Gehres (knee) (Wide Receiver)
Darious Cummings (hand) (Defensive Tackle)
Andrew Datko (shoulder) (Offensive Tackle)
David Spurlock (knee) (Offensive Lineman)

QUESTIONABLE

Rashad Greene (ankle) (Wide Receiver)

Rashad Greene is FSU's leading receiver. He ranks #6 in the ACC in Receiving Yards per Game and #8 in Receptions per Game.

Bob Green
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM

He is not listed as out for the season on the official injury report. I hope he is able to return as we need his skill, experience and leadership on a young defensive unit as the meat of the conference schedule arrives.

mkline09
10-14-2011, 07:46 PM
I know a lot of excitement is abound because of CTC but for me I'm very much into football season right now. Hard for me to focus on basketball just yet. I hope everyone still keeps at least one eye on the football team because they still have a shot at making some noise this season win or lose. Some really bad breaks (none literal I hope) on the injury report. I think Daniels will play just because he is this team's version of Nate James. It would be nice to have Williams in there too just for depth though Zach Green has played very well and I thought made a key defensive play late in the FIU game. August Campbell not playing really worries me cause he is just all over the place, a really solid player. I'll be there rooting this team on all year. If you aren't going feel free to follow my live tweets from the game. Lets Go Duke!

DevilWearsPrada
10-15-2011, 07:03 AM
I would be SHOCKED if Matt Daniels does not play on Saturday. That kid is tough as nails.

It might be a good thing that Johnny Williams may not play. Zach Greene has been AWESOME in his absence.

We love Matt! We Are Duke! Great to see names in the Probable list, but not to keep adding our starters to the OUT list. Our team has alot of HEART and HUSTLE.

WE ARE DUKE! And not going away!

DukeSean
10-15-2011, 09:46 AM
I really hope Duke fans pack the stadium today, would love to see the team get a pick-me-up from those in attendance and BEAT FSU