PDA

View Full Version : Nike Presents: New UNC basketball uniforms

Duvall
10-11-2011, 06:39 PM
New UNC uniforms (http://www.scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBreaker_External.asp?NB=6310&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter).

See, I'll say this for Duke's Nike Aerographics jerseys - at least they picked *one* graphic for the design on the back.

I especially like UNC's decision to include a basketball in case you forgot what sport you were watching.

Greg_Newton
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
It looks like a giant sweat stain on someone wearing a very graphically-detailed undershirt.

TonyWR
10-11-2011, 06:57 PM
New UNC uniforms (http://www.scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBreaker_External.asp?NB=6310&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter).

See, I'll say this for Duke's Nike Aerographics jerseys - at least they picked *one* graphic for the design on the back.

I especially like UNC's decision to include a basketball in case you forgot what sport you were watching.

The only thing missing now is their beloved goat mascot! Oh and the foot logo!

Jderf
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Is it just me, or did they make the background of the aerographic design splotchy/streaky? Did they do that on purpose? I can't imagine why. Am I missing something? I never thought they could make those pale blue jerseys any uglier, but I guess they figured it out. :D

Indoor66
10-11-2011, 07:20 PM
They still got that d#$% Argyle.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
They still got that d#$% Argyle.
That's per Alexander Julian.

wilko
10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
"ya cant polish a turd"

Gewebe14
10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
"ya cant polish a turd"

BQE

Wonder why they didn't change that silly baby color. must have forgot.

msdukie
10-12-2011, 12:01 AM
The only thing missing now is their beloved goat mascot! Oh and the foot logo!

The foot is there. With the tar spot. Look carefully. (The foot hasn't been on the jersey since 2000 when it was last on the waistband).

The lack of the "Strutting Ram" is very disappointing.

I can't wait to see the HyperElite pants and how the aerographic laser holes are going to be integrated into the argyle.

Seriously, the back of their jerseys look like a hot mess.

On the front, they've upgraded to the Nike Titanium Elite logo on the neckline as we did in January, otherwise no other changes.

msdukie
10-12-2011, 12:38 AM
The foot is there. With the tar spot. Look carefully. (The foot hasn't been on the jersey since 2000 when it was last on the waistband).

The lack of the "Strutting Ram" is very disappointing.

I can't wait to see the HyperElite pants and how the aerographic laser holes are going to be integrated into the argyle.

Seriously, the back of their jerseys look like a hot mess.

On the front, they've upgraded to the Nike Titanium Elite logo on the neckline as we did in January, otherwise no other changes.

UPDATE: THE HELMS FOUNDATION "CHAMPIONSHIP" IS ON THE BACK. Thus, the worst jersey in the history of sports just found away to become even more hideous.

dukeballboy88
10-12-2011, 06:37 AM
I wont let anything enter my house with Baby Shower Blue on it.

weezie
10-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Ladies, how many times have you looked at a dress or blouse and decided the blue is too close to tarhole blue and nixed the purchase?
Or maybe a few of you fellows, too? :cool:

Jderf
10-12-2011, 07:52 AM
UPDATE: THE HELMS FOUNDATION "CHAMPIONSHIP" IS ON THE BACK. Thus, the worst jersey in the history of sports just found away to become even more hideous.

Wow, you're right. They put up all "six" of their championships--you know, that special kind of "six" that you can somehow still count on one hand. I can't believe they did that. It almost seems that they hid it behind the printed name specifically to keep people from noticing it.

TonyWR
10-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Ladies, how many times have you looked at a dress or blouse and decided the blue is too close to tarhole blue and nixed the purchase?

I won't wear anything that's smurf blue, ever. It's the weakest shade of blue in the color spectrum, very wimpy.

devildeac
10-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Paul Simon sang about them many years ago:

"Still ugly after all these years."

Oh, wait a minute. ..

I can't believe those %$#@* put the 1924 on with all their other NCs.

DevilWearsPrada
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Always! I have 3 turquoise tops. And sometimes I get asked, why I am wearing UNC color. I remind people, turquoise is NOT Carolina blue.

I NEVER even attempt to buy anything that color! I like monochrome colors and accented with beautiful Duke blue, shades of green, pinks or animal prints.

UNCleRod
10-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I won't wear anything that's smurf blue, ever. It's the weakest shade of blue in the color spectrum, very wimpy.

very wimpy?
131-101 all time
28-19 acc reg season championships
18-15 final fours
5-4 national championships

what does that say for your shade of blue

Duvall
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM
very wimpy?
131-101 all time
18-15 final fours

That it doesn't force us to overcompensate by reacting fiercely to a mild insult?

TonyWR
10-12-2011, 12:03 PM
very wimpy?
131-101 all time
18-15 final fours

Yes, very wimpy. I didn't stutter. Your use of stats further prove it.

airowe
10-12-2011, 12:11 PM

Where do you see the Helms "title"?

Duvall
10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Where do you see the Helms "title"?

Underneath the player name you can see listed the years of UNC's five championship seasons, and also, for some reason, 1924.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Underneath the player name you can see listed the years of UNC's five championship seasons, and also, for some reason, 1924.

I just noticed that. How pathetic.

Duvall
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
What did the troops do to deserve this? (http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102611aab.html)

jipops
10-26-2011, 02:41 PM
These would look better if the Aerographics had the "NIT 3rd Place" on them.

Newton_14
10-27-2011, 09:00 PM

I'll go you one better. Not only do I refuse to own any shirt that color, at work, if someone sends me a chart deck with that color of blue on the charts, I immediately change the color. Everyone in my org knows to avoid any shade of blue close to that awful shade, in their chartware if I have to review their charts. :)

moonpie23
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
baby blue has only one place in this world......over THERE.....on THEIR Crap.....in THEIR sports stuff.....oh, and in walmart...:mad:

TonyWR
10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
baby blue has only one place in this world......over THERE.....on THEIR Crap.....in THEIR sports stuff.....oh, and in walmart...:mad:

Ha ha, so true.

alteran
10-28-2011, 01:57 PM
that it doesn't force us to overcompensate by reacting fiercely to a mild insult?

score!!!

Devilsfan
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Since we're taking ready to wear, a predominately ladies conversation, if the public were able to buy these you would find them at Walmart, KMart, Sears or a local flee market. You would find classics like Duke apparel on 5th Avenue, SOHO shops or at Bloomies or Nordstroms. Enough said.