PDA

View Full Version : FB: Virginia Tech 38, Miami 35

Jarhead
10-08-2011, 06:45 PM
This is the best game for spectators I have seen in years. With 2:51 left in the game Miami took the lead. Now 35-31 Miami. Stay tuned. I don't care who wins. On ABC now.

Jarhead
10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Game over. VaTech won 38-35.; nothing else to say.

ChillinDuke
10-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Game over. VaTech won 38-35.; nothing else to say.

Undoubtedly one of the most entertaining college games I've seen in some time.

Man was the stadium rocking!

jimsumner
10-08-2011, 08:05 PM
My goodness but wasn't that entertaining.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by VT's play-calling on the final drive. Until the TD. So, I guess it made sense.

Were the offenses that good? Or the D that shaky?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I didn't have control of the remote until about 6 minutes left in the game which was when I turned it on, and wow, what a finish! I thought those 35 yards in penalties that Miami picked up inside the VT 10 was going to be a FG killer, then BAM! a long run for a go ahead TD and a 4 point lead! Then VT comes right back and I loved the QB draw up the middle for the TD (Renfree can do that!) Miami should have had a defender - a linebacker or a safety - married to the QB to prevent just what happened. A very entertaining 20 minutes indeed!

Newton_14
10-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I didn't have control of the remote until about 6 minutes left in the game which was when I turned it on, and wow, what a finish! I thought those 35 yards in penalties that Miami picked up inside the VT 10 was going to be a FG killer, then BAM! a long run for a go ahead TD and a 4 point lead! Then VT comes right back and I loved the QB draw up the middle for the TD (Renfree can do that!) Miami should have had a defender - a linebacker or a safety - married to the QB to prevent just what happened. A very entertaining 20 minutes indeed!

I thought I was the only one with that problem!:D

Mrs N_14 was insisting the TV stay on the channel where her Alma Mater (Southern Miss) was wearing out Navy in a old TV Western style "Shoot'em Up", winning 63-35. I flipped over to the Tech-Miami game when I saw Jarhead put this thread up, but got a dirty look so quickly flipped it back! :o

jimsumner
10-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I thought I was the only one with that problem!:D

Mrs N_14 was insisting the TV stay on the channel where her Alma Mater (Southern Miss) was wearing out Navy in a old TV Western style "Shoot'em Up", winning 63-35. I flipped over to the Tech-Miami game when I saw Jarhead put this thread up, but got a dirty look so quickly flipped it back! :o

A 2nd TV?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-08-2011, 11:15 PM
A 2nd TV?
I am visiting my daughter (and family) for the weekend. Neither she nor my wife wanted to watch football when we got back in from our afternoon activities, and she only has one TV (which I gave them for Christmas two years ago) so I watched about as much of the Dick Van Dyke Show marathon on TVLand (2 1/2 shows) as I could humanly stand before pleading for the remote to see what games were on, and I got lucky to see the aforementioned Miami-VT end of game.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM
My goodness but wasn't that entertaining.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by VT's play-calling on the final drive. Until the TD. So, I guess it made sense.

Were the offenses that good? Or the D that shaky?

I was flabbergasted by Miami's play calling on their last drive. They had three timeouts and had been punishing the VT D-line the entire second half. All they needed were a a couple more solid runs and they would have been in field goal range at worst. Instead the VT defense sagged and made Miami run around wasting clock looking for game-winning bombs. I didn't get Miami's strategy at all given the three timeouts they had. And there I was about to pull out my UM gear again. Disappointing.

jimsumner
10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I am visiting my daughter (and family) for the weekend. Neither she nor my wife wanted to watch football when we got back in from our afternoon activities, and she only has one TV (which I gave them for Christmas two years ago) so I watched about as much of the Dick Van Dyke Show marathon on TVLand (2 1/2 shows) as I could humanly stand before pleading for the remote to see what games were on, and I got lucky to see the aforementioned Miami-VT end of game.

Hey, I love Dick Van Dyke. But all things in their proper place and time. Saturday afternoon in October is not that place and time.

I feel your pain.

uh_no
10-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Hey, I love Dick Van Dyke. But all things in their proper place and time. Saturday afternoon in October is not that place and time.

I feel your pain.

Well, if you had to pick one saturday in october, duke's bye week would probably be the best one.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-09-2011, 11:54 AM

I feel your pain.

Well, if you had to pick one saturday in october, duke's bye week would probably be the best one.
That is why I am here and not in Wallace Wade Stadium on a beautiful Saturday afternoon (or watching/listening to our game on the tube/radio). They did watch the end of the baseball season on Thursday night with me, whether they wanted to or not. I knew I owed them and not to "push it" when I didn't have a vested rooting interest in any games on. Rooting against carolina excepted, and I saw snippets of that on TV earlier when I was having lunch in a pizza restaurant.

MarkD83
10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
and it was loud and you could sense the ebb and flow of the emotions throughout the 4th qtr. I was a 3/4 interested spectator since my son is a VT freshman but my rooting interest is with Duke.

I am not sure if you could tell on the TV but during VT's timeout before the last TD the Metallica song they usually play at the start of the game was playing and everyone in the stands was jumping up and down. I have never felt a football stadium move up and down, but I did during the last time out. It was pretty amazing.

somf4eva
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
and it was loud and you could sense the ebb and flow of the emotions throughout the 4th qtr. I was a 3/4 interested spectator since my son is a VT freshman but my rooting interest is with Duke.

I am not sure if you could tell on the TV but during VT's timeout before the last TD the Metallica song they usually play at the start of the game was playing and everyone in the stands was jumping up and down. I have never felt a football stadium move up and down, but I did during the last time out. It was pretty amazing.

yes, yes you could

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc

whereinthehellami
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
The Hokies lost their best defense of lineman the week before against clemson (A. Hopkins, out for year). Everyone knew that the Hokies were going to have problems against Miami's mammoth line (average around 50 lb advantage per lineman). Then early in the game against Miami they lost their best DE (Gayle) and starting whip linebacker (Winslow). So the Hokies had nothing at the end against the run. I'm amazed that they were able to score against miami, as their offense has been MIA. This could be a big step for their young QB, as maybe the proverbial light finally went on for him.

The Hokies usually don't play Enter Sandman by Metallica during the game but the fans had been clamoring for it. It really gets the fans going though. It is amazing how energy and momentum are so contaigous on the collgege level.