PDA

View Full Version : Former UNC chancellor James Moeser: 'I would dismantle the NCAA'

B-well
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
"If I could be God, I would dismantle the NCAA. I think the time has come for federal intervention," former UNC Chancellor James Moeser said during an interview with WCHL radio.

Meanwhile I sit looking at my office wall hanging that says:
"The Measure Of A Man's Character is What He Would Do If He Knew He Would Never Be Found Out"

Although there are times when I think the NCAA has some really stupid, petty rules, I respect it for being our best attempt at self governance.

B-well
10-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Perhaps it would be appropriate if UNC were subjected to a Federal investigation - in addition to the one underway by the NCAA

ForkFondler
10-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah, what's the big deal? If I assert that UNC-Cheat should be bombed back to the stone ages, is that taken to be public policy?

Well, OK, if you insist. :D

Olympic Fan
10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Amazing, isn't it that when a school is caught breaking the rules, their officials and defenders suddenly decide that the problem is with the rule makers and not the rule breakers.

How dare the NCAA blame Carolina for having an associate head coach working as a agent, for players who took thousands of dollars worth of gifts from agents, who cheated in the classroom with the help of tutors and who lied to NCAA investigators. It's not Carolina's fault that the guilty parties that they paid off refused to cooperate with the NCAA.

Obviously, the answer is to dismantle the NCAA. You've got to love the logic - if there aren't any rules, then UNC can't be accusd of breaking the rules.

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon."

cspan37421
10-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I totally agree, OF: if you don't like the rules, don't agree to follow them. If you DO agree to follow them, then shut the ____ up when you're caught breaking them!

sagegrouse
10-08-2011, 04:52 PM
"If I could be God, I would dismantle the NCAA. I think the time has come for federal intervention," former UNC Chancellor James Moeser said during an interview with WCHL radio.

One imagines the response: "Uh,... I am the God of college athletics, and, after giving the matter some thought, I believe I WILL dismantle the UNC athletic program."

sagegrouse