PDA

View Full Version : Today's Photo

Faustus
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I was just a little kid then, but I'm guessing today's front page photo is of a freshmen vs. upperclass or perhaps a pre-season inter-squad scrimmage, right? Pretty sure, though, that the freshmen team used to play the upperclass in the Bubas years. Guarding Heyman looks to be Jay Buckley, and is that Bob Reidy in the road blue #25 uniform? I'm afraid I can no longer remember if Mullins, Buckley and Reidy were all in the same class (which SHOULD have included Bill Bradley too), but I'm sure many out there can.

Faustus
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Woops, meant to type Marin instead of Mullins, and edit function isn't working for me... sorry.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I was just a little kid then, but I'm guessing today's front page photo is of a freshmen vs. upperclass or perhaps a pre-season inter-squad scrimmage, right? Pretty sure, though, that the freshmen team used to play the upperclass in the Bubas years. Guarding Heyman looks to be Jay Buckley, and is that Bob Reidy in the road blue #25 uniform? I'm afraid I can no longer remember if Mullins, Buckley and Reidy were all in the same class (which SHOULD have included Bill Bradley too), but I'm sure many out there can.
Jay Buckley, '64. Jack Marin, '66. Bob Reidy, '67.

Faustus
10-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Hmmm... obviously not freshmen vs. upperclassmen then. Thanks!

sagegrouse
10-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Photog is 'Grossbus' -- so maybe he can comment.

I suppose that is Heyman; it certainly is Marin and the would-be blocker is more likely Buckley than Tison. The blue-jerseyed #25 could be Terry Murray, who was on scholarship in the Class of 1966 but played only one varsity game before leaving school. The Atlanta native -- a distant cousin of mine -- ended up at Georgia Tech.

sagegrouse