RB Josh Snead (foot) – Questionable

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT
S Lee Butler (leg) – OUT
C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

DE Kenny Anunike (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON
TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the update, Jim. The listing a bit daunting, but there does appear to be some subtle improvement for some of the players whose names have appeared repeatedly.:)

jafarr1
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the update, Jim. The listing a bit daunting, but there does appear to be some subtle improvement for some of the players whose names have appeared repeatedly.:)

Since Duke has a bye next week, hopefully we can be much closer to full strength by the time we play FSU.

chrishoke
09-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Great to see Cockrell probable.

Butler being out is going to really hurt, but we do have some depth at safety.

Newton_14
09-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Since Duke has a bye next week, hopefully we can be much closer to full strength by the time we play FSU.

Amen to that. I am anxious to get our stud running backs back into the mix. We need Desmond and Josh. We need the other guys as well, but Thompson can't continue to shoulder the load by himself, and these guys bring a dimension we are missing right now. I was very impressed with how Desmond ran the ball in the Richmond game prior to the injury. Looking forward to seeing the sophomore version of Josh Snead as well.

J.Blink
09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say thanks, Jim. Your injury reports are one of my main reasons for visiting DBR during football season.

duke blue brewcrew
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Amen to that. I am anxious to get our stud running backs back into the mix. We need Desmond and Josh. We need the other guys as well, but Thompson can't continue to shoulder the load by himself, and these guys bring a dimension we are missing right now. I was very impressed with how Desmond ran the ball in the Richmond game prior to the injury. Looking forward to seeing the sophomore version of Josh Snead as well.

I couldn't agree more! While it would be a welcome site to have them back for the FIU game, they are a must have for the brutal conference stretch Duke faces after their bye week.

CDu
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM

This isn't too bad an injury list, actually. After 4 games in a football season, you're going to have injuries affecting the roster. We're just fortunate to not be in NC State's situation, having lost their starting RB and almost their entire defensive line (including the backups).