PDA

View Full Version : Rivals, Scout, Prepstars?

houstondukie
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't like to put too much weight on a recruit's ranking, but which of these ranking services do you trust more? which one seems to be the most accurate?

JasonEvans
07-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't like to put too much weight on a recruit's ranking, but which of these ranking services do you trust more? which one seems to be the most accurate?

My advice is to trust none of them and instead, trust all of them. Check out http://rscihoops.com and you will see what I mean.

-Jason "I am not sure what 'accurate' means anyway as how they do in high school and how much effort they put in once they get to college can be two very different things" Evans

patentgeek
07-13-2007, 09:04 AM
In my limited experience, scout.com seems to be the most accurate, but that's only one man's opinion. My suspicion is that, once the top 10-15 players are rated, there is little discernible difference in the players that follow, so there can be wide variations in rankings as a result. Also, much of a player's immediate success can depend on many other factors, such as playing time, teammates, injuries, etc. Moreover, it's not easy to tell wtih rankings whether the ranker is placing more stock on the player's current level, his upside in the next year, his upside over a 4-year college career, or even in upside in the NBA.

Scout does seem to have very rapid updates on player commitments and other news, particularly during the summer, when there are a lot of tournaments going on.