PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving update

duke09hms
09-25-2011, 03:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai3vrqSihqFQXTUUL9AxIFu8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-irving

Doctors say Kyrie's foot will not be fully healed for another 3 months. Very surprising considering he played back in March - maybe there's a difference between fully healed and no risk of further injury, but that seems unlikely to me.

Perhaps K played him knowing Kyrie could cement his #1 draft status and that the slight risk of re-injury was worth it? Man, a backcourt of Irving and Rivers this year would have been NICE . . . a gal can dream

Bluedog
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Based on my understanding, he is allowed to play with his protective shoe and has no further risk of injury and no pain involved whatsoever. However, that doesn't necessarily mean his toe is 100% healed at this point. Glad to see that Kyrie is continuing his studies at Duke, but I obviously hope he can play in the NBA (with a fully healed toe) as soon as possible.

chrishoke
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Get well soon Kyrie.

lmb
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
I realize this is a totally different injury, but I fractured my hand in August 2010. It was a very mild break that I only needed one session of physical therapy for. Even though the bone healed quickly, the doc told me that the soft tissue wouldn't fully heal until the summer of 2011. So it doesn't surprise me that the same could be said for KI since his was mostly tissue and tendon related.

DaleDuke7
09-27-2011, 04:53 PM
maybe he is 100% as in he doesnt feel any pain but not 100% in that his toe is fully healed with no possibility of re-injury? idk. just my thoughts

dcar1985
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Kyrie is slated to play in Chris Paul's charity game Oct. 3rd I wanna say and also in the Miami Heat's big 3 game they're putting together Oct 10th so I guess whther or not the toe is 100% its good enough to hoop on.